Calling All ATAC Fans!

Started by Jokerette, August 06, 2008, 05:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

I think Nancy drew was created to make it so girls had their version of a detective series as good as the Hardy Boys.

Right?

Olivia

I've read non-fiction about ND, but at this point I can't recall. Obviously it did come after the HBs, so probably something like you said. Sound either the most plausible or just familiar.

bozonessinc

So it probably is the girls version, I donno, I have not read nancy drew... I wouldn't be caught dead with one...

tomswift2002

I seem to recall that in Leslie McFarlane's autiobiography he mentioned that the Dana Girls had been created to be the feminine version of the Hardy Boys.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 02, 2008, 11:05:42 AM
So it probably is the girls version, I donno, I have not read nancy drew... I wouldn't be caught dead with one...

You should read Nancy Drews, they're really good.

It's funny, girls can read Hardy Boys, and it seems perfectly normal, but when boys read Nancy Drew, it seems a little weird. Not that you still shouldn't read them.

Bigfootman

I'm a boy and I like Nancy Drew, yet I haven't been teased.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

FrankJoeATAC

Well, that's good, Nancy Drews are good books.

NZone

Quote from: Bigfootman on October 02, 2008, 07:25:38 PM
I'm a boy and I like Nancy Drew, yet I haven't been teased.

Guys reading Nancy Drew? Just straight up, not like a supermystery thing? That's gay
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

FrankJoeATAC

No it's not! >:( They're just good old fashioned mystery stories, just with a girl as the main character. There's nothing wrong with a boy reading Nancy Drew.

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

JoeHardyRocks

No, it's not! So when you read Supermysteries, you skip the Nancy chapters?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

NZone

did you not read my comment about "straight up, like not supermysteries?" I will allow supermysteries but straight up nd? thats gay

JoeHardyRocks

No. I'ts Not. Read. These. Sentances. And. Get. It. In. Your. Head.
"Thank you, Joe."

NZone

I'ts? sentances? As soon as you start speaking English, and not Ebonics, I might listen to you. Actually I won't. But still, speak English. And it's gay.

JoeHardyRocks

No it's not!!! ::) ::) ::) Why would it be?!
"Thank you, Joe."