what became of Iola?

Started by curo, July 06, 2008, 07:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

Will she come back in the next trilogy?

NZone

SHE'S DEAD!!! OK?? JUST FACE IT!!!
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

003Robin457

The bomb that killed her was made of an expermental material that accedintly sent her to the year 3041. Where she had grouped together a band of rebals to fight off the Assassin Government that now ruled the world. The Hadys where souposed to save her in the 3rd Tom Swift crossover Time Chase but it was cancled.

Olivia

What became of Iola? Well, she's more liked then Callie and Vanessa put together so even from the dead she still matters ;)

bozonessinc

Which Hardy Boys UB did she die on, she was in Murder At the Mall..... What book after that did she die in???

Sam Spade

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 01, 2008, 11:09:25 AM
Which Hardy Boys UB did she die on, she was in Murder At the Mall..... What book after that did she die in???

Iola is still alive in the UB series. She only died in the CFs.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

bozonessinc

That is what I want to know. So then I want to say, that it is possible for Iola to die in a UB, and Double Trouble is a UB trilogy, so she could be involved.

SDLagent

Are you kidding me? Iola won't die in Double Danger! No, recurring characters will ever die in the UB at this rate! Vijay Petal won't even get promoted!

Olivia

The Casefiles are a lot more intense and for lack of a better term, grittier. Iola's death gave motivation for the series.

There are a ton of murders in the UBs, but it seems they will only solve cases about others and then go back home and live their safe suburban life. That's what it seems like to me. I don't mean it to sound so negative, but I don't know how else to explain it...

tomswift2002

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 02, 2008, 12:16:43 AM

There are a ton of murders in the UBs, but it seems they will only solve cases about others and then go back home and live their safe suburban life.

What life??? Every time the Hardys get home another case from ATAC is waiting for them.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

The hardy boys never go back to there safe and comfy home, when they get home there is always another mission waiting for them to start. They get their congrats from the last one....

And then it is back to business as usual, they leave for another mission, which brings forth the question why is there mom not suspicous about how many vacations they win or go on.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 02, 2008, 11:00:33 AM
The hardy boys never go back to there safe and comfy home, when they get home there is always another mission waiting for them to start. They get their congrats from the last one....

And then it is back to business as usual, they leave for another mission, which brings forth the question why is there mom not suspicous about how many vacations they win or go on.

...or how many field trips the Hardys take!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

They're not home for long, but we do get the sense of them being with their family sometimes until they excuse themselves in the middle of whatever it is to go see their disc. Playback shows up and there are comments from Aunt Trudy too. Obviously this isn't in every book, but it's in the series enough because we do have some kind of idea of their home life.

Perhaps it's just fading out a lot more now? I don't know.

bozonessinc

Look, if I was the Hardy Dad and I didn't know anything about ATAC, (Even though Fenton Does)  I would probably have figured something out by now.

Its Fenton Hardy that makes sure they can go on the missions which is probably why Vijays parents don't get suspicious because he does not do missions.

But since the Hardy Boys can go on Missions without anyone noticing they are the best choice. I don't know if we will  ever see another Hardy go on a mission.

I wrote a short story about Vijay going on a mission but I already handed it in..... He calls police and the criminals are caught...

003Robin457

Quote from: SDLagent on October 01, 2008, 03:32:53 PM
Are you kidding me? Iola won't die in Double Danger! No, recurring characters will ever die in the UB at this rate! Vijay Petal won't even get promoted!
Do you want someone to die? Are you reading and thinking "If I where the Author I would kill him and him and her...."