What Have You Read? What's Your Favourites?

Started by Olivia, November 07, 2007, 04:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia

I started this thread because I'm interested to see how many people have read the SMs, and which ones are your favourites?

So I first read a SM back when Operation: Titanic and Process of Elimination came out. (Ironically, I started when they stopped publishing the series). Anyways, I forgot about ND/HB for years but thanks to eBay and other used book websites, I now have the whole collection. Here's what I've read so far:

Double Crossing
New Year's Evil
Secrets of the Nile
Operation: Titanic
Process of Elimination

I've heard Secrets of the Nile is one of the top books in the series.

SkyWarp

Believe it or not, I have not read any of them.  Sometime after I finish adding all the Casefiles to the Database, then I might get around to reading the SMs.  Hmmm, how many years does a human live? 

Lola

I just got High Stakes and did enjoy that storyline. My favorites are A Crime For Christmas(you can't go wrong with a chocolate-covered Joe Hardy! :P), Shock Waves,Dead on Arrival and Secrets of the Nile(which I found in the library used book store for a quarter!!!).

Kerin

I've read

Double Crossing
Dangerous Games
Last Resort
Buried in Time
Mystery Train
Tour of Danger
Copper Canyon Conspriacy
High Stakes
Courting Disaster

My favorites are  Last Resort,Copper Canyon Conspiracy,Double Crossing,and Mystery Train.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Olivia

SkyWarp, I hope you get around to reading at least one ;D

Lola, I had to pay around $20 for Secrets of the Nile :P

Kerin & Vindicator, thanks for your replies :)

I'm just finishing up Shock Waves and I'm going to start A Crime for Christmas soon in time for the holidays!

tomswift2002

Secrets of the Nile I got for free from an old friend who was cleaning out her book shelf and she asked me if I wanted the book and I sais sure.

As for how many I've read of the series, that's easy.  I've read them all.  The only one I don't have yet is Dead On Arrival.  I read DOA thanks to inter-library loan. 

Favorites, that's tough, even though I would have to say A Crime For Christmas is my #1 favorite SuperMystery '88.  Others would be Shock Waves, Last Resort, Mystery Train, Best Of Enemies, New Year's Evil, Courting Disaster, Evil in Amsterdam, Royal Revenge, Secrets of the Nile, just to name a few.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Lola

Quote from: oliviatocali on November 08, 2007, 02:34:24 PM

Lola, I had to pay around $20 for Secrets of the Nile :P
I was lucky that I found it! I'm searching for Nightmare in New Orleans, I've found it on amazon but the seller wants $43!!! :o

Quote from: oliviatocali on November 08, 2007, 02:34:24 PM
I'm just finishing up Shock Waves and I'm going to start A Crime for Christmas soon in time for the holidays!
If you're a Joe fan, I think you'll like this one!

tomswift2002

Quote from: Lola on November 08, 2007, 10:08:59 PM
If you're a Joe fan, I think you'll like this one!

I think everyone who likes Frank, Joe, Nancy and Bess will like A Crime For Christmas, since all five of the characters have some of their best moments.  Who can forget how Bess talked the bakery employee into giving her one of those crowns.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Lola, I'm actually good at tracking down titles and finding the best prices. I also have some double copies of the SMs. Are there any specific titles that you are looking for/need? Maybe I can help you out!

tomswift2002, looks like you helped cinch A Crime for Christmas as one of the top SMs! I'm really looking forward to it now.

Centrion

I've read Hit and misses, Danger Down Under, Hollywood Horror, A crime for Christmas, Double Crossing, Royal Revenge, Courting Disaster, Buried in Time, Mystery Train, and maybe a few more. I got Royal Revenge at a Grocery Store for some Library thing for 25 cents, Hollywood Horror for a quater at a yard sale, Danger Down Under for a quater at the library, a couple at bookstores, and some a I just read at the library. I think Royal Revenge, a Crime for Christmas, and Hollywood Horror are really good.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Lola

Bigfootman

I have 9 of them. I forgot witch ones I have. All I know is that I'm now reading Desptire measures.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

JoeHardyRocks

I have read Danger Overseas and Terror on tour. I am thinking about getting Secret of the Nile. Was that a good book??? ???
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

It depends. It has a different style including a more mature tone compared to ToT and DO. But a lot of people like it, including myself. I think if you were to get one from the '88 series, Secrets of the Nile one would be one of the better ones, definitely.