The Big Lie -- Comic #1

Started by SkyWarp, December 20, 2016, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Entertainment Weekly has done a little write-up on the upcoming new comic book series on the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. 

The new series of 6 books starts off with The Big Lie and casts Frank and Joe Hardy as teenage brothers in the small resort town of Bayport. When they come under suspicion for the death of their famous detective father, they turn to local "femme fatale" Nancy Drew for help proving their innocence. 

You can read a press release on Dynamite Entertainment's website as well as view several different full size covers and one interior at Entertainment Weekly.

If you plan to get this title, make sure you go to your local comic book store and ask for it ASAP.  It is scheduled to be released March 8, but if you don't put your order in now with your local comic store, you may be out of luck.   Comics and Books do not sell the same way.   If you want a particular cover, you had better beg your local comic store, because not all will be readily available and may require the purchase of 10-50 additional copies. 

tomswift2002

I'll have to find someplace online to order as the last local comic book shop in my area closed 15 years ago.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Wow! Thanks for the further information on this comic book. I will probably check it out, out of curiosity and completeness' sake, but I can't say I particularly like it thus far. The Entertainment Weekly article even describes it as filling the hole left when CBS cancelled the Nancy Drew pilot that was planned a while back. I have to disagree; I don't think any hole was left- I don't think many true Nancy Drew fans wanted such a show- just as I don't think many Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew fans want such a comic....... I like their wholesome images just fine- I don't need them turned into noir characters.... But like I said- I imagine I'll check it out anyway.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Incidentally, I also wanted to mention that, coincidentally, "The Big Lie" is also the title of the first McGee and Me! video episode. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Thanks for the link. For some reason, I've gotten the impression that this is an eBook-only release? Does anyone know if there's any truth to that? Will there also be a physical version available?

SkyWarp

Quote from: MacGyver on March 06, 2017, 07:48:07 PM
Thanks for the link. For some reason, I've gotten the impression that this is an eBook-only release? Does anyone know if there's any truth to that? Will there also be a physical version available?

This is a normal comic book release.  You might be able to order from here when it comes available:  http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=41848103

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Wow, just read the preview. I'm soo getting this! Reminds me of a Casefile, but can't think what one. It was a set of three...Operation....?

MacGyver

Thanks for the confirmation, SkyWarp. Yes, the plot is somewhat reminiscent of the Operation: Phoenix trilogy from The Hardy Boys Casefiles, but I can't say that it really reminds me of that series exactly. It seems far too dark for my liking.....

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 06, 2017, 09:38:15 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, SkyWarp. Yes, the plot is somewhat reminiscent of the Operation: Phoenix trilogy from The Hardy Boys Casefiles, but I can't say that it really reminds me of that series exactly. It seems far too dark for my liking.....

I'm all for the darker theme, can't wait.

tomswift2002

I just ordered Parts 1 to 3 of The Big Lie directly from Dynamite. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Here's a video review of the first issue. I wonder if Fenton Hardy will wind up reappearing somehow in the end or if this definitively means that Fenton Hardy is dead in this Hardy Boys universe. Sorry, but that doesn't sit well with me. Nonetheless, I do want to read the story just for completeness' sake and to see where this all goes.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I'm just waiting until I can buy parts two and three off of Amazon Kindle. Already got part one.