The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Over on The Hardy Boys Wiki, I'm working on an article about The Hardy Boys appearances in pop culture, and I need some help. What I'm looking for are any references to the Hardys in TV, comics, or books. For example, in the last episode of Supernatural, "Abandon All Hope...", a demon mockingly refers to the Winchesters as "the Hardy boys". Have you come across any other references like this?

hardygirl847

I like this idea! I think I already told you about the Supernatural Christmas special where they are referred to as the Hardy Boys as well. Hmm...I'll get back to you on this. I'd love to help. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I seem to recall that in That 70's Show on the bookshelf in one of the character's bedroom's or living rooms you could see the blue and yellow spines of the Grosset & Dunlap Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books from the 60's and 70's.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Thanks for the help thus far. Anyone else?

hardygirl847

Working on it...it's harder than I thought!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Bigfootman

In one supernatural episode there was a parody of the opening to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardygirl847

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on December 30, 2009, 12:31:52 PM
In one supernatural episode there was a parody of the opening to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.

I am drawing a blank! Which episode are you referring to?? This is going to bug me all day! LOL I am a Supernatural addict and I can't think of which one does that....Help!

hardygirl847

I saw that the Wiki has been updated! :) I know you can edit it or whatever but I was afraid of ruining it somehow...so I thought I would let you add it if you wanted.

In Season 3's A Very Supernatural Christmas, the Winchesters are in search of the Anti-Santa Claus. However, they soon find themselves at the mercy of two Pagan Gods posing as a nice normal suburban couple.

The male Pagan God says, ?Hardy Boys here make five,? when referring to how many "tributes" they took for the year as sacrifices.

Bigfootman

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 30, 2009, 02:17:39 PM
I am drawing a blank! Which episode are you referring to?? This is going to bug me all day! LOL I am a Supernatural addict and I can't think of which one does that....Help!
i'm not sure myself, a friend of mine told me, I'm still on the first season, so I have not seen it.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

How you liking the series so far?

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on January 04, 2010, 09:21:25 PM
How you liking the series so far?

Are you talking about Supernatural?

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 05, 2010, 12:03:05 AM
Are you talking about Supernatural?

Yeah. Dan, if you answer my question, do it in the "Supernatural" thread in the "TV shows" forum.

hardygirl847

There was Nancy Drew reference in Heroes this past Monday. Claire gets called Nancy Drew because she's spying on Samuel. I know it's not HBs but in the same realm at least.

hardygirl847

Here is a spoof...and not very good either....but anyways...here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA0ziLh7y78

MacGyver

The Hardy Boys have also been parodied in a sketch on "Muppets Tonight". In the Heather Locklear episode (Second Season, airing September 21, 1997), there was a sketch called "The Hardy Pig Boys in "The Mystery of the Zombie Queen of the Amazon Outer Space Jungle Bee-Woman Case (based on a novel by Jane Austen)"
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Hardy_Pig_Boys
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"