The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Yep- I've heard that. I still need to look that up- thanks for the reminder. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

It was kind of weird...and that first book where they meet, let's just say it wasn't what I expected! ::)

MacGyver

I just ran across this cool Foxtrot comic strip with a reference to The Hardy Boys (along with a number of other great literary sleuths!)
:) 8)

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I just found this at random today and as a fan of both The Hardy Boys and Star Trek, I am loving it! :) 8)
I know at least some of our members should definitely appreciate this. Check out these Hardy Boys/Star Trek mashup humor/parody stories at trekmysteries.net
Here's something to pique your interest- there's more on the site.
:) 8)

Bigfootman

In the Hardy Boys look alike topic several years back, I mention that Scooby Doo #80 had two villains that looked a lot like Frank and Joe Hardy. Well, I finally have some pictures of them, and since the look alike topic is years old, I figured I'd post the picture here.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

I think I can see The Hardy Boys similarity here, especially since they mention "The Gray Man" in the comic!  ;)
(Though I doubt it's an intended Casefiles reference.)

tomswift2002

I was just watching part of CBC's The National, and they had a photo montage on for Stuart McLean, a long-time CBC reporter.  Anyway one of the photos was of him reading a 1950's era DJ copy of "What Happened At Midnight", a story written by none other than Leslie McFarlane, another Canadian who at one point also worked for the CBC. 

Also, Tom Swift Jr. got in on the photo as the DJ for Midnight was a wrap-around and the back cover was adevettising the Tom Swift series.  But the onscreen graphic was cutting the lower half off.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Nice! Always great to see The Hardy Boys mentioned anywhere in pop culture. And yeah- pretty fitting for the CBC to recognize the most famous Canadian ghostwriter for The Hardy Boys, even if unintentionally. :) 8)

Bigfootman

s l1600" border="0
A Panarizon Story of America Card about the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.

Most Recent Post:

MacGyver

Nice! Yeah, I've seen that around online somewhere before. :)

Bigfootman

Variant cover for Grass Kings #9:

Most Recent Post:

MacGyver

tomswift2002

https://youtu.be/3_xp-JW3udk

Check out the 1:55 mark, and you'll see the Hardy's make an appearance.  The spine of #119 "Trouble At Coyote Canyon" can be seen.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Cool! I appreciate the video game store tour too. :)   8)

Raven

I was watching Garage Sale Mysteries: Searched & Seized. This is the final installment of this series. Looks like a collection of Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books.   8)