Where are they?

Started by Jokerette, May 15, 2008, 01:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokerette

what happend to all the guys(and girls!)the Hardys met on their cases? it is highly unprobable that they never met them again. after all,it's a small world! ;D ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

I think the answer to this one is fairly simple; many different authors write The Hardy Boys, many of which have never read a Hardy Boys book, so most of the time they wouldn?t even know of characters that appeared in other books, if they are not mentioned in ''The Hardy Boys Bible'' (which, from what I can remember of the one form the 90s, only mentioned Frank, Joe, Fenton, Laura, Gertrude, Chet, Iola, Callie, Biff, Tony, Phil, Ezra, and Con) that Simon & Schuster gives to their writers.   

If it was the same author for most ,I think we would see more recurring characters, as there is in the first 16 original books, all written by Leslie McFarlane, and the Graphic Novels, all written by Scott Lobdell. Also both books written by Steven Grant, have Charity in them, and in at least two of Andrew Svenson's books, Biff?s dog appears, just more evidence that if there wasn't so many writers there would be a better continuity.   

SDLagent

I made a mistake in the above post, when I said ''both books by Steven Grant''; Grant actually wrote six books, as far as I know.   

tomswift2002

But, Charity who was turning out to be a major, and more popular, nemesis of the Hardy Boys in the Casefiles series only appeared in #6 The Crowning Terror and #29 Thick As Thieves.   And then, of course, Charity escaped into the desert in a plot twist indicating that the author might've been thinking of doing a third book with Charity in it to sort of complete a "non-official" trilogy with Charity as the crook, sort of like the Bayport Corruption Storyline, however, for what ever reasons the third book never materialized.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I seem to have lost the ability to modify my posts, but I'd like to clarify one thing, with that having different authors on the series made the written material more interesting, but at the same time some of the stories were "drier" than the others.  And I think that if the Casefiles had kept with the same author or authors, we might've seen a series that had kept the same style and had had stories that might've streteched out to be five or six volumes in length with each volume being its own seperate story, therefore allowing a new novel or a couple of novels by other authors to appear in between to keep the series going, but it would've kept continuity a lot straighter.  I'm thinking of sort of like what they do with the V.C. Andrews series of books.  Since the late 80's they've been working with an author or authors that write in a similar style to V.C. Andrews, but the books still contain continuity, even though you might get two new books in a series per year, while there maybe six series being published at once.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy_boys_lover_101

I Agree that when they wrote the books they should've had some people from old cases come back.

Olivia

Good point about the ghostwriters, Tom!

Jokerette

I meant in the HBUB series.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Quote from: Yo on June 14, 2008, 05:14:19 AM
I meant in the HBUB series.

Actually it's the same for all the series, Undercover Brothers or otherwise. Of course no one knows for sure with the UB series, but I don?t think Simon & Schuster would change their formula for the Hardy Boys (and Nancy Drew) series and considering all the continuity problems with this series, I think we can make a good guess that they haven't.   

JoeHardyRocks

Do they mention Biff at all in the UB books? Cause I hav'nt heard of him....
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Firefox on May 15, 2008, 01:03:30 PM
what happend to all the guys(and girls!)the Hardys met on their cases? it is highly unprobable that they never met them again. after all,it's a small world! ;D ;D

Yes, but Bayport is a small town and the Hardy Boys are sent all over the U.S., so it's not very likely that they would run into anyone...
"Thank you, Joe."

tomswift2002

And yet they happen to just run into Nancy Drew, Bess Marvin and George Fayne in Rome, Italy of all places in Danger Overseas.

JoeHardyRocks

Weel, how else were they supposed to meet in the crossovers? And that one was in Rome, not Bayport!
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Well, it's unrealistic, which is just your argument for why ATAC should be in the series. So don't contradict yourself!

003Robin457

Quote from: Kobayashi on May 15, 2008, 01:03:30 PM
They meet Tre' Gelbman twice. (Graphics #7 & 11)