Danger Overseas

Started by tomswift2002, November 14, 2007, 02:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I agree with oliviatocali, the writers have done a great job so far keeping all three detectives in the spotlight.

And I think if they are going to use all three characters to narrate, they have done it in the best possible way, with Hardy boy, Nancy, Hardy boy alternating, I think Frank, Joe, Nancy, Frank would just be to complicated.

NZone

Just read the explanation for what happened to Harry Tanwick. HAHA! I laughed out loud. "If the wind has shifted, we wouldve found him." LOL
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Q

HBWiki- Did you noyice that there was only 5 Joe chapters and 5 Frank chapters but 10 Nancy chapters!!!

FrankJoeATAC

Well, that is basically equal, I mean, 10 Hardy Boys, 10 Nancy Drew, right? :)

Q

Don't count Joe and Frank as one person. There ARE three detectives. So it should be even. >:( >:( >:(

Olivia

Well, think of it this way. Nancy Drew has her own book in her own series. But Frank and Joe have to share a book. So put them together, and that's what you get.

Nancy has to have half of the mystery, while Frank and Joe have the other half. That's what makes it what it is, if that makes sense. So it actually is balanced the way it's suppose to be, whether or not you like it ;)

SDLagent

Yeah I think it would be a lot more unfair for Nancy Drew fans if there was over half the book from the Hardys point of view! I think the current format works in the best possible way, if they're going to have a first person book. And it's not called a Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy and Joe Hardy Super Mystery, it's called a Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mystery.

tomswift2002

Of course, it would be nice if the Hardy's had started the book without being on an ATAC case, or maybe even had the case in Bayport.  Just look at the '88 series, there were 2 books based in River Heights, and Bayport was sort of used as an introduction in one and then receoved passing mention in the others.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

I really hope Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mystery #3, will be one of Nancy Drew's cases, and have no ATAC, since I think it's our only chance at a non-ATAC novel for a while. And the only reason I liked ATAC in this series at first, was the ATAC/Nancy subplot in book one, but in book two Nancy said she wasn't really interested in working for them anymore, so I guess we've seen the last of that.

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 28, 2007, 05:47:23 PM

July 1987 - Minstrel cover, boys open chest, spirits flying around

That's the one I have!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 28, 2007, 05:47:23 PM
The scarecrow edition is still out, however, it is the Minstrel edition of the Scarecrow edition that is rare. 

Ghost Stories has had 5 different covers:

1984 - Wanderer cover, boys meet Lord MacElphin on the stairs (from story The Haunted Castle)

July 1987 - Minstrel cover, boys open chest, spirits flying around

1996-2001 - Unsure year, Minstrel cover, boys being chased by hands and laughing scarecrow head

October/November 2001 - Minstrel cover, Scarecrow in field with barn being struck by lightning

May 2002 - Aladdin cover, Scarecrow in field with barn being struck by lightning

I have the 1984 one.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on November 16, 2008, 10:33:47 AM
I have the 1984 one.

Is your copy a paperback or hardcover edition?  There are indications that the book was released in hardcover dustjacketed editions, but if it was then those editions are extremely scarce and rare.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457