#17 Murder at the Mall

Started by Sam Spade, July 14, 2007, 01:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia

Quote from: Bigfootman on July 15, 2008, 11:26:10 AM
Murder was the best Undover Brothers in my opion.

I agree it was one of the better ones. Surprisingly, I liked it a lot (except for minor things, but w/e). This was the only one that I hadn't read even though I keep up with the series.

A few things I noticed, maybe I'm reading too much into it (Spoilers Ahead):

1. How Chief Collig and the police show up at the mall really fast every time, unless I'm getting the time transition wrong (plus I know they?re allowed to pass other traffic). Where is the police station located anyways? They said East Side Mall is on the outskirts of town.

2. How does Frank know about the graffiti on p.60 when Joe doesn't mention it to him until p.63? Or can you see it from the ground?

3. The back and forth doesn't make sense on p.66-67. I think they made a mistake on one of the lines on who's speaking. It sounds like Frank met the lawyer from Shangri-La Enterprises even though it was suppose to be Joe.

4. How big is Bayport since they mentioned the skyscraper on p.75?

5. If Con Reilly is on Frank's speed dial #5 (p.88), who do you think would be #1-4 (just for fun)? Joe, Home, Chet, ATAC?

6. At the end Steph promotes Adriana (p.169-170), but what about Iola's job? Phil's gone, so I thought it would have been fitting if she was offered a job at In the Groove.

7. How they reuse names from other HBs series - Arthur Applegate, and then Bob Meister (the Beast from Casefiles? ? Larry Beister is similar, but still a difference, I admit so I?m just stretching here). I also saw Cherry Pye in Terror on Tour which was used in one of the Originals.

Olivia

Oh yeah, I forgot how they pursued the theme of adults vs. kids/teens these days. How they relate to each other, it was pretty interesting.

SDLagent

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 25, 2008, 12:17:00 PM
5. If Con Reilly is on Frank's speed dial #5 (p.88), who do you think would be #1-

Vijay is on Joe's speeddial so he's probably on Frank's as well. Joe, home, Vijay, Chet, Con?

Olivia

bozonessinc

On his speed dial, would that not be his brother because he has to contact him alot when they are not together, would that not be the same for both of them, with therer brother as there speed dial..

SDLagent

Yes, but you can have more then one contact on your speed dail. Notice the brothers are included.

bozonessinc

Murder AT THE MALL is one of the best books, though I think we are getting off topic here, speed dial?

003Robin457

We kind of get off topic alot. Oh yeah MATM was a great book.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: SDLagent on August 26, 2008, 01:47:45 AM
Vijay is on Joe's speeddial so he's probably on Frank's as well. Joe, home, Vijay, Chet, Con?

In Haunted, it said one of them hit speed dial 1 and Vijay was on the phone.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

JoeHardyRocks

:o It's like, "Oh, Joe we're in trouble. Forget Mom and Dad, call Vijay!"
"Thank you, Joe."

003Robin457

Olivia

Thanks for pointing that out, JoeHardyRocks.

And how is talking about speed-dial off-topic? It was in the book...

bozonessinc

Ok well, its on topic, so anyways, if it were real the funniest part would have been Joe eating the healthy wrap, with the wrapper still on.

JoeHardyRocks

It didn't have a wrapper, it was soaked in laminant and plastic.
"Thank you, Joe."