How old are they?

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 25, 2007, 05:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

There has been 16 Undercover Brothers books, plus 2 Super Mysterys and 1 Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys crossover and we still don?t  now how old the undercover brothers are. >:(

We can assume the ??new?? hardy boys are the same age as every other Frank and Joe before them, 18 and 17.

But there is evidence that suggests that the boys are younger in this series.

1.   The boys are written young.
2.   In Mission #9  Martial Law, Chet?s age is given as 16 and we?ve always  assumed that Chet and Joe are the same age.
3.   In Mission #9 and #16 it says that Brian Conrad is 17, while at never says if he is in Frank or Joe?s class at school, it says his younger sister, Belinda is in Joe?s class this also suggests that Joe is younger then 17.
4.   In the current Tom Swift series, Tom Swift, Young Inventor, Tom is 16 years old and I think he is same age as Joe in the Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller series.

Are Frank and Joe, 16 and 17 in these books? 

Although in books Belinda Conrad seems to be in Joe?s class in most books, in Super Mystery #1 Wanted it says that she is in Frank?s. ??? ::)

So who knows how old undercover bros are.  What do you think?

Also does any one knows how old Nancy Drew is in the Girl Detective series?       

SkyWarp

I amnot sure if we can take too much from what classes people are a part.  Several schools combine classes for the upper grades.  For instance, 11th and 12th graders may both be in the same Advanced Math class. 

If it said they were in the same grade, then that might be something of interest though. 

SDLagent

Your right, and it does say that Belinda is in Joe?s ??class?? and Brian is in his PE class. 

SDLagent

I?m I right about Tom Swift and Joe being the same age, and does anybody now if it ever says how old Nancy Drew is in GD books? 

tomswift2002

I would have to say that Joe would have to be at least 16, which is the age at which you are allowed to start driving in most parts of the States and Canada. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

D.Hardy

Wow. I just asumed they were 17 and 18 besides the fact the picture looked younger but didnt question it to much
"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

Centrion

Good Point. I was thinking of how when Frank turns 19, it would be his last year for ATAC. I assumed they were the same age.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

SDLagent

Quote from: Light123 on July 07, 2007, 05:32:43 PM
I was thinking of how when Frank turns 19, it would be his last year for ATAC.

Actually some ATAC agents are 20 years old, like Ernie Bickerstaff in Mission #5.
http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/index.php?nav=atac&sub=suspects&suspect_id=0008 

Kerin

In the other series Callie is 18 But in the UB Callie doesn't have her divers licencse yet so she's got to 16 or 17 at the oldest.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

SkyWarp

Quote from: kerin on July 15, 2007, 11:30:36 PM
In the other series Callie is 18 But in the UB Callie doesn't have her divers licencse yet so she's got to 16 or 17 at the oldest.

Not necessarily.  I didn't get my drivers license until I was almost 19.  One doesn't have to get their license immediately when they turn a certain age. 

tomswift2002

In the UB's, with Murder At The Mall, we know that Iola, Chet, Frank and Joe are all old enough to work, otherwise, why would Iola be working for Phil's Phranks and Phries? (Who came up with that "groovy" name?).  Everytime I read that name in the book, I almost think of people saying it in a Jim Carey/the Grinch-type voice.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Sam Spade

Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Olivia

From reading the books and the details/descriptions, I always guessed that Joe is 16 and Frank is 17.

As for Nancy Drew in the Girl Detective series, I have no idea. I have been trying to figure that out because there really hasn't been a book when they mention her at school, which might have given a good clue.

SDLagent, am I correct about that or did I forget about a book that did mention something about ND? :)

White Eagle

I think Wanted mentions Frank's age. (Not sure.)
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!