Chet Morton

Started by bozonessinc, October 16, 2008, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah, isn't that why he was working out in the first place?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 17, 2008, 07:05:52 PM
Aside from the "weight-lifter" Chet in Murder At The Mall, the only other times that I can recall Chet being involved with exercise or aerobics was in the revised 1962 Alistair Hunter text of The Secret Of The Old Mill when Chet was leading an aerobics class at a seniors center.  And then in May 1992, Chet joined a health club in Cold Sweat.  But, in both cases, Chet was still a plump youth.

Chet also gave extrasize lessons in The Haunted Fort. (although it was harder on him than the students) And in Martial Law he took Karite.

bozonessinc

Yah, and didn't he bike to the studio in Martial Law?

003Robin457

bozonessinc

Yes, he must of then. There was that whole thing with the (SPOILER WARNING) with the health pills. that were illegal.

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 19, 2008, 01:30:44 PM
Yah, and didn't he bike to the studio in Martial Law?

He also bikes in ''The Witchmaster's Key''.

bozonessinc

Is that a casefile, digest or UB SDLagent?

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

Quote from: Negative Zone on October 20, 2008, 07:32:01 PM
try bluespine
PSP ALERT
First off, you didn't answer my question. You told me about something I have never heard of. What exactly is bluespine?

NZone

not a psp because according to the rules that I laid down, an answer to a question is not a psp. You need to read. Also, a blue spine is a revised original, they ran from 1-58
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

According to your rules. I play by my rules Nzone!!

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 20, 2008, 07:35:28 PM
PSP ALERT
First off, you didn't answer my question. You told me about something I have never heard of. What exactly is bluespine?

Um, he answered your question.

bozonessinc

Quote from: SDLagent on October 21, 2008, 11:02:02 PM
Um, he answered your question.
Yes, but in the first one he should have told me what bluespine was, now he has answered my question!

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 22, 2008, 11:01:56 AM
Yes, but in the first one he should have told me what bluespine was, now he has answered my question!

Nowadays most people refer to the Grosset & Dunlap Hardcovers as Bluespines since the books have been issued with a bluespine since 1962.

But you also have to remember that the Revision project undertaken by the Stratemeyer Syndicate lasted from 1959-1973, so there are a number of bluespine "hardcovers" that are actually original text editions. 

Also, another term that you'll hear, especially for the revised 38, and 39-66 is "Flashlight", since in 1987 Grosset & Dunlap changed the design of the hardcovers.  Up till 1987, the spine logo of the series had been a side profile of the Hardys heads with a 1960's style crew cut.  So, G&D felt that the best logo for the series, that would not get as dated as the "profile" look, would be a flashlight. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Does anyone else dislike the "Flashlight" design? The orginal blue spin look was much better, even if dated.