2011 Book Club Schedule Sign Up

Started by hardygirl847, November 14, 2010, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Welcome to the Book Club!

Anyone new is welcome!! :) Feel free to PM me with any questions or respond on here.

Depending on how many participants we have we may be choosing 2 books or we can vote to have a trilogy for 3 months. We'll see how it goes. :) DEADLINE FOR CHOOSING IS DEC. 1st. After that we can fill in the rest by doubling up or using a trilogy.

First come, first serve. For now, please choose 1 book for 1 month of your choice. Please consider the books that are before or after yours. We like to keep the series different from month to month. So if March is Casefiles and June is Digest, I'd suggest a SuperMystery, Original, Graphic Novel, or Secret Files....

When filling out the month, please indicate your username, the series, and the title of the book. Revised and Original texts are okay. It's too hard to do one or the other, so we include both.

Example: December- MacGyver- The Hardy Boys (Originals) #8 "The Mystery of Cabin Island"

January-

February-

March-

April-

May-

June-

July-

August-

September-

October-

November-

December-

Happy choosing! If you choose a book that was already discussed this year, you will be notified and given the chance to change it. :)

Last note....Please do not choose something that is rare or hard to find. Doing so limits who is able to discuss and who is not.

I hope to see some new and familiar names on the list!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on November 14, 2010, 11:08:47 PM

January-

February-

March-

April- tomswift2002 The Hardy Boys #94 Breakdown In Axeblade
May-

June-

July-

August-

September-

October-

November-

December-

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Awesome! Breakdown in Axeblade is one of my favorites of the Digests. I will have to ponder a while on this and choose a book or two for the coming months... :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Ahh one I don't have! lol At least I have til April to get a copy! Thanks for starting us off tomswift!

Mac, I await your choice(s).
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Just echoing someone in another post, but December 1st is the deadline for picking the books for next year, and that's on this upcoming Wednesday.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Captain and Mac...where are your choices? :) And Spencer, where is yours?? I want to pick but I've been waiting to pick last. :D

MacGyver

January- A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery (1988 series)- #19 Passport to Danger
February-

March-

May-

June- MacGyver The Hardy Boys #115 Sabotage at Sports City

July-

August- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14 Too Many Traitors

September-

October-

November-

December-

I hope that will work well, since I'm already reading January's pick anyway and the other two are some of my all time favorites that I've read many times. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on November 28, 2010, 10:19:18 PM
Captain and Mac...where are your choices? :)

I've already picked mine and it's already up there.

So, MacGyver, you picked 3 books?

MacGyver

Yeah- I hope it's not overreaching... I will be glad to retract some choices if others want to claim some months.

hardygirl847

Captain, I don't see yours up there? I see tomswift and Mac. I guess I need to choose too. :)

Mac, I think you're fine...seeing as we don't have anyone else. Perhaps I will send some PMs tomorrow and see if Olivia or anyone else wants to add. Where is Spencer????

Then we can decide for sure.

I can wait to be last. :)

hardygirl847

Sorry for the double post...But I think it will benefit us all if we give this a little more time. The holiday was just last week and I'm sure some of our regulars weren't able to get on here as much.

NEW DEADLINE WILL BE DEC. 15TH. That gives us 2 whole weeks!

January is already set...so we're good to go on that one! :)

Unless we have a huge amount of participants, current members can have 2 books on the list. Please update accordingly. Mac, you can wait to see what happens before you change or keep the 3rd one. :D

MacGyver

QuoteCaptain, I don't see yours up there? I see tomswift and Mac. I guess I need to choose too. 
I believe "Captain Santa Claus" is "tomswift2002"'s new moniker or at least current one.

AlwaysAJoefan

I'd like to submit a book idea. For July, Hardy Boys Casefile: Beyond the Law.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

SDLagent

Did we already do The Melted Coins? If not, I'd like to read that in May. Preferably the original text. And for my second title, The Secret of the Old Mill. Put that anywhere you like except for February.

hardygirl847

Mac,

I thought that too but wasn't sure. :)

Thanks AlwaysaJoeFan and Spencer. :) Nice choices!

Here's an updated schedule.

January- MacGyver, A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery (1988 series)- #19 Passport to Danger

February- Hardygirl847-Hardy Boys Digests # 96-Wipeout

March-

May- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Melted Coins

June- MacGyver The Hardy Boys #115 Sabotage at Sports City

July- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefile: Beyond the Law.

August- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14 Too Many Traitors

September- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Secret of the Old Mill #3

October-

November- Hardygirl847- Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew SuperMystery-Tour of Danger

December-

Multiple choices are subject to bumping in the event a lot more people want to add to this. :)

October and December are open.

AlwaysaJoeFan, do you want to pick another one?