Schedule for Book Club

Started by hardygirl847, April 16, 2010, 05:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Yeah! One of the few Clues Brothers books I have!  (Okay, actually I think it may be the only one.) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

May- tomswift2002 Clues Brothers #3 First Day, Worst Day
June-SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #2 The House on the Cliff
July- tomswift2002 Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 Murder On The Fourth of July
August-SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #10 What Happened at Midnight
September-
October-
November- hardygirl847, Digest, Trapped at Sea #75
December- MacGyver- The Hardy Boys (Originals) #8 "The Mystery of Cabin Island"

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 22, 2010, 06:50:12 PM
Well, people hardly talk about the Clues Brothers, and considering how the Secret Files are being released right now for the first time, it might be interesting to see how the two series compare.

Yes! It would be. :) I should be getting my Secret Files next week from Scholastic.

Quote from: MacGyver on April 22, 2010, 07:41:40 PM
Yeah! One of the few Clues Brothers books I have!  (Okay, actually I think it may be the only one.) ;D

Yeah...probably but not for long! I will find it and then buy it! :) I've been so bad lately! Oh well.  ;)

Quote from: SDLagent on April 23, 2010, 02:15:55 AM
May- tomswift2002 Clues Brothers #3 First Day, Worst Day
July- tomswift2002 Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 Murder On The Fourth of July
August-SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #10 What Happened at Midnight
September-
October-
November- hardygirl847, Digest, Trapped at Sea #75

Thanks Spencer for filling in August. MacGyver, you can pick another one and I guess I could if no one else is choosing. Maybe you could do October and I can do Sept?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Okay- cool. Well, if I'm doing October, I guess I'm gonna have to go with #80 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles, "Dead of Night".
8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on April 24, 2010, 12:10:02 AM
Okay- cool. Well, if I'm doing October, I guess I'm gonna have to go with #80 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles, "Dead of Night".
8)

When I filled in May I was sort of thinking about maybe doing October and leaving May open, but then I thought that I'd leave the book I would've picked for October, Dead Of Night, for someone else to pick, considering that I reviewed the book a few times already on this board.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Okay- I guess that worked out well then. :)

hardygirl847

Awesome! Now that leaves me to pick a book for September.... I was going to do a Casefiles but I think I will do something else to avoid two in a row of the same series. I will post the entire list as soon as I figure out which one I am going to do. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

hardygirl847

Book Club Schedule May-Dec. 2010

May- tomswift2002, Clues Brothers #3 First Day, Worst Day

July- tomswift2002, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88, Murder On The Fourth of July

August- SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #10 What Happened at Midnight

September- hardygirl847, Secret Files, Trouble at the Arcade

October- MacGyver, Casefiles, Dead of Night #80

November-hardygirl847, Digest, Trapped at Sea #75

hardygirl847

Still waiting on my Clues Brothers book!  :-\

General Announcement/Request for All Book Club Members:

Please start the thread for discussing the book around the 15th of each month. Depending on where you live and what you have going on in life....it can be a few days before or after. If nothing is put up by the 20th, however, I will do it for you. :)

Hopefully we will have more success with the schedule than we did with our April book. Knowing what is coming next will hopefully help. Happy reading! :D

hardygirl847

Just a friendly reminder to get your copies of  The Hardy Boys #2 The House on the Cliff ready to go. June is right around the corner! SDLagent will be leading the discussion. Feel free to read the OT or the RT version. Comparing them should stimulate even more conversation. :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on May 24, 2010, 07:09:29 AM
Just a friendly reminder to get your copies of  The Hardy Boys #2 The House on the Cliff ready to go. June is right around the corner! SDLagent will be leading the discussion. Feel free to read the OT or the RT version. Comparing them should stimulate even more conversation. :)

At least this is one of the books that was revised where both versions are still in print, with the 1927 version currently available from Applewood and the 1959 version available from Grosset & Dunlap.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

I'm assuming I have the RT version since I think I got it from Borders as the Hardys Starter Kit/set. :) I hope they aren't too different.

MacGyver

Well, I think they are just a little different- apparently the original title was "The House on Cliff" and it turned out to be a bad "The Wizard of Oz" type parody... ;)

hardygirl847

Oh dear! I guess it will be interesting to read and compare.

hardygirl847

Dust off your copies of The House on the Cliff! SDLagent will be starting the discussion around the 15th! Whether you have the RT or the OT version, it should make for a great discussion.

Enjoy! :)