Hardy Boys: Children of the Lost

Started by SDLagent, August 25, 2009, 06:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The 34th title in The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series has been revealed on Amazon.com. The book, entitled ''Children of the Lost'', is the first part of the Lost Mystery Trilogy that will start in May 2010.

Thanks to MacGyver for letting us know about the cover and tomswift2002 for letting us know about the book title.

SkyWarp

This is honestly one of the most interesting titles I have seen yet. 

SDLagent

tomswift2002

Funny thing is, the only description from the publisher on all the bookstore websites is that the trilogies are "more mysterious than ever with three-book arcs".  Yeah right.

And I must say that The Children of The Lost sounds more like the title that you'd find on a horror/scifi movie/book rather than a mystery book.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

I'm beginning to wonder if The Children of the Lost is the actual title of the next book, or if it won't materialize.  I was just informed that S&S is going through another round of cutbacks (and in the process firing the last senior editor of the Star Trek line), so with this book why might not know if it is going to be out till it is out on bookstore shelves.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Yes, the future of the series is very much in question, right now.

tomswift2002

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 27, 2009, 01:30:49 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if The Children of the Lost is the actual title of the next book, or if it won't materialize.  I was just informed that S&S is going through another round of cutbacks (and in the process firing the last senior editor of the Star Trek line), so with this book we might not know if it is going to be out till it is out on bookstore shelves.

SDLagent

What are you saying with your last post, Tom?

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on August 28, 2009, 12:36:35 AM
What are you saying with your last post, Tom?

I think I was trying to say, before I got interrupted with something else and accidentally hit the "Post" button, that with the way that Simon & Schuster seems to be cutting jobs and different things right now, especially hitting such strong sellers for S&S as the Star Trek line, I'm in agreeance with your summation that the series is definitely in question, just like I was posting in my prior post. 

Plus the title just doesn't seem like the type of title that fits on a Hardy Boys book.  As I said it sounds more like a horror title, or even, by a long shot, a title to some religious book.

So right now I'm not putting that much "faith" in this 'newly' released title.

mystrygirl87

What would it be--the Lost Trilogy? Children just doesn't seem to fit.

Or maybe the title is simple a message of what is to come--the UB series is given up as a lost cause, and all we are left with is the Secret Files children's series... :)

SDLagent

I'm thinking it's the "Lost Trilogy", too.

bozonessinc

Welcome Mystrygirl87.. Hey SDL and Skywarp, hows Hardy boys doing. Didn't tomswift2002, and I can't remember that crazy ones name.. Oh yeah Nzone said IT WAS DONE... WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT?? There has to be a market to sell it to. Right? Cause if everyone talked bad of it, that why would it sell. It needs the "twitter effect"

Bigfootman

Quote from: bozonessinc on September 03, 2009, 06:54:03 AM
Welcome Mystrygirl87.. Hey SDL and Skywarp, hows Hardy boys doing. Didn't tomswift2002, and I can't remember that crazy ones name.. Oh yeah Nzone said IT WAS DONE... WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT?? There has to be a market to sell it to. Right? Cause if everyone talked bad of it, that why would it sell. It needs the "twitter effect"

I rember with the Fear Street Sega that two more books were suppoesed to be published, and were even annoced on Amazon, but never were published. This could be a phantom title, one that is annoced but is never published. The title sounds very odd to me. Unless this is some speical  trilogy that will be the last books in the Ub series. I don't think this book will be published. And the buget cuts won't help eather.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Quote from: bozonessinc on September 03, 2009, 06:54:03 AM

(And so it begins...).

Uh, interesting word choice. I don?t know why you would say ?crazy?.