Simon & Schuster's Hardy Boys Adventures page

Started by Lungbarrow, July 13, 2012, 12:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on February 02, 2013, 08:33:34 PM
I usually find Barnes&Noble to be much better about having books in on their release date. Thus, I was somewhat shocked to find the new Hardy Boys books at my local Books-A-Million today! So I went ahead and got the first two in the series as well as the first two in the Nancy Drrew series. They only had paperback though- no hardback yet. Still, it was exciting to get the new series. And I flipped through HBA #2 and I saw that Iola shows up! Yay! I know I don't like everything in this series already- but I'm still excited to read these soon. :) 8)

Wow, that's something that they were available early! 8) Cool Iola! ;D 8)

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

The series was announced as being released in paperback and dust jacket hardcover.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah- I've seen both Amazon.com and Walmart.com have the hardcover editions listed- I've just yet to see the hardbacks in any stores. I think I will wind up ordering a hardcover copy of the first title from Amazon.com when I have the money for it... but I doubt I would bother to get the others in hardcover. I'm sure some hardcore Hardy Boys collectors will get them all in hardcover- but I just don't have the money for it.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

The hardcovers are probably going to be like the Wanderer hardcovers---more for libraries than private collections.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Lungbarrow

The hardcovers are actually really nice. Two-tone blue paper with silver embossing on the spine and a dustjacket the same as the paperback cover.
--
-PjH.
--

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Lungbarrow on February 19, 2013, 07:28:36 PM
The hardcovers are actually really nice. Two-tone blue paper with silver embossing on the spine and a dustjacket the same as the paperback cover.

Sounds very nice-looking! 8) I haven't seen the hardcovers yet either, but I'd like to. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

Judah-Ben-Hur

Jennifer's Series Books on FB posted the ND Hardbacks, they're really nice, bound with cloth. I agree with Tom Swift, I think they're going to be done the Wanderer Way, no bookseller in town has the hardcovers in stock.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Cool- thanks for the info. This is why I'm planning to put in an order on Amazon.com for a hardcover for The Hardy Boys series (though I'll probably just get the first one, I think) when I have the money to spare for it.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Lungbarrow

Quote from: Judah-Ben-Hur on February 21, 2013, 08:00:09 AM
Jennifer's Series Books on FB posted the ND Hardbacks, they're really nice, bound with cloth.

It's not cloth over the boards, it's patterned paper to look like cloth, same as the Hardy Boys ones - I've got all four books.
--
-PjH.
--

Judah-Ben-Hur

That's weird, but I guess it's nicer than plan paper. I guess this is a sort or "Imitation Leather" instead it's "Imitation cloth". ;D
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

tomswift2002

I haven't received my copies yet, but I would assume that, aside from the picture being on the boards, the hardcover binding, from all the descriptions, would be similar to S&S was doing it's Trek hardcovers a few years ago.

MacGyver

In case you need a really awesome Hardy Boys Adventures banner- :) 8)