Here Come The Hardy Boys (1969 Hardy Boys Album)

Started by tomswift2002, March 05, 2011, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 25, 2011, 11:55:39 AM
And to Hardy Sleuth- I saw the cover for the Inspector Gadget comic- do they have some of the pages up now or something?

Yes, four pages of previews! 8) One link is to the Inspector Gadget comic book preview, the next one Betty and Veronica, and the third link is Mickey Mouse. :)

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp?ItemNo=JAN110034
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp?ItemNo=JAN110003
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp?ItemNo=JAN110019

Last year Archie, GI Joe, and Green Hornet were among the free comics to choose from. 8)

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 25, 2011, 03:15:04 PM
Cool! 8) Too bad there's no comic book shop close to me.  :(

That's a real shame there aren't any around you, Kristy! :( But MacGyver's road trip idea sounds great! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Okay- finally I got that preview link to work right. The interior artwork isn't too bad for Inspector Gadget- but I wish it was a little closer to the cartoon, but it's really on par for the most part. That one shot of Brain looks great though. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Road trip to where? And where did Inspector Gadget come from?! :")
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I've got the Here Come The Hardy Boys album on now (the song that's playing is Sha-la-la) and it is a really great album.  And you can really tell that Filmation was basically remaking the Archies and other "bubblegum pop" groups of the 60's.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

The road trip is actually to the road itself as exhorted by Percy Mayfield- (http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/hit-the-road-jack-lyrics-ray-charles/f9980fc991316abe48256c24000b442a) and of course, Jack Kerouac's inspiration. (okay, I guess more like he adopted it as his theme song.) ;D

And Inspector Gadget came from creators Andy Heyward, Jean Chalopin and Bruno Bianchi. And I'm glad it did- a 1980s classic and one of my favorite cartoons.
And now there's a comic book getting released on Free Comic Book Day! Wowsers! :)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 31, 2011, 12:31:25 AM
Okay- finally I got that preview link to work right. The interior artwork isn't too bad for Inspector Gadget- but I wish it was a little closer to the cartoon, but it's really on par for the most part. That one shot of Brain looks great though. :)

Sorry the link didn't work at first, good you didn't give up on it.  8) I love a lot of cartoons and comics and the talent definitely varies with the artwork.  8)

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 01, 2011, 01:38:41 PM
I've got the Here Come The Hardy Boys album on now (the song that's playing is Sha-la-la) and it is a really great album.  And you can really tell that Filmation was basically remaking the Archies and other "bubblegum pop" groups of the 60's.

"Sha-la-la" that's one I got to hear on You Tube! 8) I like it a lot, it has a pleasant sound. I'm going to check out iTunes to hear the other samples. I usually listen to The Black Keys and they have a rockin' blues soul sound so they don't sound the same but I like both styles.  ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

http://popcultureaddict.com/interviews/jefftaylor/

Don't remember if this has been posted before but it's an interview with "Joe Hardy", Jeff Taylor.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I've read that before- it's an excellent interview. Thanks for posting it. :) 8)

MacGyver

I just ran across this entry on Jerry Beck's Cartoon Research site, offering a review of both albums released by The Hardy Boys cartoon band. :) 8)