Graphic Novel #14: Haley Danelle's Top Eight!

Started by SDLagent, April 26, 2008, 06:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The cover and plot summary to The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Graphic Novel #14 have been revealed at Papercutz' website and the book can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com.

SDLagent

Scott Lobdell said in an interview last year that while he likes ATAC, he would also like to see the boys solve cases on their own. He did this in ''The Ocean of Osyria'', ''Opposite Numbers'', and ''A Hardy Day?s Night'', but the later two both had ATAC themed plots (e.g. mystery on the way to ATAC mission, saving the son of an ATAC mentor agent), so it looks like this story will be the first since book one, to be 'ATAC free'.

tomswift2002

You have to remember that The Ocean of Osyria was also meant to be a bridge between the Hardy Boys Digests universe and the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Universe, and that Identity Theft was suppose to tell how Fenton Hardy set up ATAC, but it never told, and so far no one knows just how ATAC came to be.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

http://www.papercutz.com/hb/hb_novel14.html

Here's the url to take you to the page that has the plot description, HardyBoysWiki takes you to the enlarged picture and no description.

Anyway, I wonder how hard it was to get this storyline past S&S.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Centrion

Who knows, but a big hand for him doing it. Finally a non-ATAC book. I just hope its good, cause it sounds like Scott took a big publishing risk doing it. Time will tell...
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Q

tomswift2002

In a way, the plot is sort of reminiscent of the old Hardy Boys Digest #102 Terminal Shock from June 1990.  Of course, in that book a friend of the Hardy's was poisoned because he had seen some posts on a BBS, that he was the moderator of, between two crooks and the crooks had tried to bump him off. 

A few years ago we discussed how if that book were every rereleased, it would have to undergo a major rewrite to update all the computer terminology, since nowadays 386 processors don't "burn" up the computer highway at 25 or 66 mhz.  Instead, they are like an old person driving 50 on a 70 kph road.

Q

SkyWarp

Q