Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers TRILOGY

Started by SkyWarp, January 08, 2008, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I picked up my copy of ''Deprivation House'' today :) and noticed that the cover is slightly different then the one on the Internet.
1) The word The is written in the ''H'' in Hardy.
2) Undercover Brothers isn?t written in the ''B'' in Boys, but underneath.
3) The title of the book is written on the left, rather then the right.
4) The overall the cover is lighter then the one seen on the Internet.

I?ve put up a gallery at The Hardy Boys Wiki, with images of the new graphic design (sorry the images are out of focus, will upload better ones soon.

http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/Deprivation_House/Gallery

I just finished it, better then I expected but I don't think a whole three books is going to work very well. Will post a more in depth review on the Spoiler Board later.

SDLagent

Quote from: Lola on May 21, 2008, 12:26:22 AM
I have! I was slightly disappointed with the first two chapters only because the ghostwriter wrote the brothers in the usual mean teasing manner. But as the story progressed the brother's characters got better as did the story.

You've read the whole book? I would love to read your review (I always like your reviews :))!

Q

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on May 21, 2008, 09:14:54 AM
Review Review Review!! ;D ;D

I have now posted my review and a fairly detailed plot summary, on The Murder House Trilogy Spoiler Board. But remember it is a spoiler board.

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=714.msg6012#msg6012

D.Hardy

the first book was amazing. I cant wait to read the next ones.
"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

bozonessinc

It leaves you in suspense I am psyched for the next book, COME OUT SOON MURDER HOUSE!

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on August 29, 2008, 11:39:24 AM
It leaves you in suspense I am psyched for the next book, COME OUT SOON MURDER HOUSE!

If you think the Murder House trilogy is any good, then you should check out the Operation: Phoenix/Time Bomb or the Ring Of Evil/Dead of Night trilogies and epilogues.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Both the Operation: Phoenix/Time Bomb and Ring of Evil/Dead Of Night are, in the case of Phoenix 10000000 times better, and Ring 10000 times better than Murder House.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

bozonessinc

SDLagent

Even if you do like UB, most fans who have read ''Operation: Phoenix'' consider it to be one of the greatest Hardy stories of all-time.

Bigfootman

They also use rebutted arguments and clam the UBs are more action packed, witch as anyone who has acculy read the casefile is not true.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on August 30, 2008, 03:20:22 PM
Do you not like the ub's?

Unless the UB's improve, compared to even The Hardy Boys Are: The Clues Brothers, the series is one big fat joke and a big smear to the Hardy Boys name.  Somehow I don't think Edward Stratemeyer would've let his series get to this low if he were still alive, nor would Harriet Stratemeyer Adams either.

tomswift2002

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 09, 2008, 06:07:48 PM
It'll be tough to live up to the Operation: Phoenix trilogy from the Casefiles.

I think we can all agree that the Murder House trilogy definitely didn't live up to Operation: Phoenix.

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 30, 2008, 06:25:03 PM
Unless the UB's improve, compared to even The Hardy Boys Are: The Clues Brothers, the series is one big fat joke and a big smear to the Hardy Boys name.  Somehow I don't think Edward Stratemeyer would've let his series get to this low if he were still alive, nor would Harriet Stratemeyer Adams either.
Are you trying to say that the clues brothers are embarassing, yes, they are because there for little kids. I have read some casefiles and they are good, and some maybe more action packed, you know this forum is starting to change my opinion a little.

But, I still hold true to my favorites are the UBs because when I read them I feel like I am there, likes its a movie, but I am just reading text.

tomswift2002

No, I'm not saying that the Clues Brothers are embarassing, its just that until the UB's debutted, the Clues Brothers had been considered the series that had not been given that much attention during the writing and editing process.  While most of the stories were mysteries that kids in Grade 2 could relate to, there were quite a few stories that had extremely weak Grade 2 level plots.  Plus there were a number of spelling and grammatical errors throughout the series.  So from 2000 (the year that the Clues Brothers) till 2005, the Clues Brothers books were considered the joke books of the Hardy Boys line.  But ever since the Undercover Brothers series came out with its insanely weak plots, The Clues Brothers are seen to have been better written than the new series, even though the Undercover Brothers have more volumes and the series has run for a year longer than the Clues Brothers (1997-2000).