2012 Book Club Schedule

Started by tomswift2002, November 07, 2011, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Perhaps that last Top Gun reference flew over your heads... ;) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on February 03, 2012, 08:37:39 AM
Soon we can make like Goose and Maverick and ride into the Danger Zone :) 8)

I'm already in the Danger Zone!  Whoever is leading the discussion can post discussion page about it.

DUCK!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Ack! Days away from March and I see that I am set to lead the next discussion on the first book in The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series and I still need to read the book! Talk about Extreme Danger! ;) And we will do just that- I'll probably have to give it a week or so first though, just to have time to finally get through this book (though I suspect it won't take terribly long). So I'll have a thread up for it in the next few days- and I'll contribute to the discussion as I'm going along reading the book too. And that way you're getting first hand impressions from a longtime Hardy Boys fan finally reading a book in this series for the first time- and all in real time, as I go through each chapter! :D 8)
     The ironic thing is- I'll be starting in on the UB series just in time for it to be cancelled... ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on February 18, 2012, 03:39:58 PM
I'm already in the Danger Zone!  Whoever is leading the discussion can post discussion page about it.

DUCK!

Who is leading us into the Danger Zone? I've been through it. 8)

MacGyver

AlwaysAJoeFan had taken on February's book with Danger Zone. Tomswift2002 went ahead and posted a thread for her here.

tomswift2002

And that Duck is because I was watching an episode of "The Muppet Show" that day and the Veterinarian's Hospital had them working on a duck.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Hahaha-sweet. The Muppet Show rules. :)

P. Walker

January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #23)
February - AlwaysAJoefan Danger Zone (Hardy Boys Casefiles #37)
March - MacGyver Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers, #1)
April - tomswift2002 Final Gambit (Hardy Boys Casefiles #62)
May -  Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #29)
June - Top Ten ways to die(Hardy boys undercover Brother, #8
July - Olivia TBA
August - P. Walker - (Casefiles #2 Evil Inc.)
September - Mistletoe - Operation Phoenix #1 Endangered Species
October - MacGyver - Operation Phoenix #2 No Mercy
November - ? - Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation 
December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb,  A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller

I will tackle August since no one wants it :)

MacGyver

Oh, good- now we have a book for each month of the year... :)

tomswift2002

So I guess we still need someon too take November and "Operation Phoenix#3".

MacGyver

yeah- maybe someone could take multiple months...?

tomswift2002

I guess this month's book is High Stakes from the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 series, with the discussion being led by Dinosaur Dan.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Do you want me to take Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation?

tomswift2002