what became of Iola?

Started by curo, July 06, 2008, 07:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 12, 2008, 03:32:34 PM
Do you want someone to die? Are you reading and thinking "If I where the Author I would kill him and him and her...."

If I were the author of the series I would definetly try to mix up every book so that my readers were not reading the same plot and characters over and over again.  If that meant writing out an important character by either having them move, or be killed in order to have an effect on my main character(s), then yes I would write-off a character or do something that my readers really weren't expecting, like having one of the main characters get a broken arm or other appendage.

But the UB Hardy's as characters do not grow.  The Hardy Boys in the Undercover Brothers are more or less like stagnant 1-Dimensional characters.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

Which is what I mean when I say the Ub's happen over a month or two, a couple days a mission cause nothing would really change over a month or two.

Olivia

But they make mentions of seasons and stuff, don't they? And weeks seem to pass.

If you just mean in general, then okay. But anyways, they stay the same age forever so they're stuck in the same one or two years.

NZone

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 12, 2008, 03:32:34 PM
Do you want someone to die? Are you reading and thinking "If I where the Author I would kill him and him and her...."

YES!! Like in the Bourne Supremacy, I actually cheered out loud when Marie got shot. I hated her.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

Thats cause they want the storyline not to change. With time things would change...

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 16, 2008, 11:01:25 AM
Thats cause they want the storyline not to change. With time things would change...

Well, why couldn't they have at least Joe get a broken leg that would last over the course of a couple of volumes?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

Quote from: Negative Zone on October 14, 2008, 05:48:19 PM
YES!! Like in the Bourne Supremacy, I actually cheered out loud when Marie got shot. I hated her.

You were glad when she died? Well, come to think'a it, The Bourne Ultimatum might have been the best of the three, but I don't have a favorite...I love those movies! 8)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

bozonessinc

Cause there different... There just about the same things. There just one book.. basicly in the next one he has healed..

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 16, 2008, 05:06:18 PM
Well, why couldn't they have at least Joe get a broken leg that would last over the course of a couple of volumes?
If they did then you would say "Why does Joe have a broken leg for so long. I'm tired of him complaining about how he can't chase after suspects and it totally limits the action since he can't run!"

Olivia

The Bourne series is ripped off of James Bond.

Jason Bourne

James Bond

;)

bozonessinc

Um... Iola.alive, what did that come from in this discussion?

NZone

um can you read? I was saying how I cheered out loud when Marie got shot in Bourne Supremacy.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

I can read Nzone, or else I would not be talking about books that I have read!.. I just didn't read a page over!

NZone

well then why you yelling at me? whose fault?

bozonessinc