Children's Lit and Its Effects

Started by hardygirl847, December 11, 2010, 05:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on February 13, 2011, 04:14:46 PM
I dont think it had a rating.  All I will say is that Frank was WAY out of character in the story. You do NOT want to read it, trust me on this.

Why? Will I be scarred for life or what?

hardygirl847

I agree that there are fanfic writers that take things to a really inappropriate level. Like the boys and incest... EWWWW EEWWW EWWW. But then there are people like me who like to take it out of the HB world a little but still keeping as much as possible. The canon books are geared towards young adults or kids so they don't get into certain situations. I have them in situations that I haven't seen but would like to have explored in the canons. It makes no sense to me that some of these bad guys are so inept that they can't keep them tied up or captured because they are so stupid. I explore the idea that some these bad guys aren't so stupid and can actually "catch a Hardy boy". :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 14, 2011, 01:16:26 PM
I agree that there are fanfic writers that take things to a really inappropriate level. Like the boys and incest... EWWWW EEWWW EWWW. But then there are people like me who like to take it out of the HB world a little but still keeping as much as possible. The canon books are geared towards young adults or kids so they don't get into certain situations. I have them in situations that I haven't seen but would like to have explored in the canons. It makes no sense to me that some of these bad guys are so inept that they can't keep them tied up or captured because they are so stupid. I explore the idea that some these bad guys aren't so stupid and can actually "catch a Hardy boy". :)

Yeah that's like, gross! ::) What situations do you usually put them in?

hardygirl847

Torture.... I know I am bad. I read a GREAT fanfic where Joe is tortured for awhile. I could never get to how amazingly visual and emotional the scenes were but I couldn't resist trying it myself. TEARS flowed from my eyes while reading that story. It was really, really well done. And that was not the whole story so it did stop after awhile.

The Hardy Boys have many enemies...and so does Fenton. It's totally reasonable that one day one of them would be captured just because they are a Hardy.

I never ever kill them permanently though. I also like to use humor to off set the danger. Yeah, danger...that's a better way of putting it.

But I like when Joe and Callie have their little brother/sister moments. Those are fun to write too. Also, Joe gets his butt kicked and kidnapped in most of the fanfic stories. So I wrote them with Frank being the one that was more in peril. And of course there is more to it than just hurting and then saving them.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 14, 2011, 04:24:19 PM
Torture.... I know I am bad. I read a GREAT fanfic where Joe is tortured for awhile. I could never get to how amazingly visual and emotional the scenes were but I couldn't resist trying it myself. TEARS flowed from my eyes while reading that story. It was really, really well done. And that was not the whole story so it did stop after awhile.

I think I read that one. Or one just like that. Most of the story takes place in a courtroom, though. Really had me on edge, both emotionally and psychologically.  :o
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 14, 2011, 06:35:23 PM
I think I read that one. Or one just like that. Most of the story takes place in a courtroom, though. Really had me on edge, both emotionally and psychologically.  :o

So did I. ;) Hey, we have the same rank, now!

MacGyver

I've read a very little bit of Hardy Boys fanfiction back some time ago- one of the older ones on HDA involving Iola making a return in the Casefiles world. But otherwise I don't generally read Hardy Boys fanfiction- I have enough of the actual canon to read to keep me busy. :)
(Not saying anything against it there- just that I don't generally get into it as much and don't usually have the time to read it nowadays anyway.) However, I have read some great fanfiction for some older TV shows and such- that kind of stuff is great for TV shows and movies, etc. that don't have a plethora of official canon stories to keep the adventure going. In fact, fanfiction is what got me introduced to Quantum Leap, as I read about it through a crossover story with Early Edition. :) I love both of those shows now. (And I've seen all the episodes of QL and pretty sure I've seen all the EE episodes too.) I really enjoy the crossover ones for shows that I like- those are fun. I read a pretty neat crossover story with The Dukes of Hazzard and The Incredible Hulk ('70s TV show version) once that was pretty cool. As well as one with The Dukes of Hazzard and Quantum Leap. And one with The Incredible Hulk ('70s Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno classic!) and The Greatest American Hero- I really enjoyed that one. ;D And those Back to the Future fanfiction stories I mentioned in another thread. And I definitely dig some Muppets fanfictions (yeah- The Muppets are another one of my big favorites. For any other fans, check out www.muppetcentral.com - by far the best fan site and forum for Muppets online.) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

I don't really read much HB fanfiction. Most fanfiction that I read now is Back To The Future;D

MacGyver

Cool. Did you check out the stories on the links I sent you? I'm sure there are tons of others elsewhere on the Net and on fanfiction.net - but those links both are particularly good, in my opinion.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 15, 2011, 11:15:15 AM
Cool. Did you check out the stories on the links I sent you? I'm sure there are tons of others elsewhere on the Net and on fanfiction.net - but those links both are particularly good, in my opinion.

Yeah, they were pretty good. I like scouting around for good fan fiction, except when I accidentally click on a slash fic link.  :o :o

MacGyver

hardygirl847

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 14, 2011, 06:35:23 PM

I'm interested to see if it's the same story. PM me if you remember the author and/or story title. :)

HB fanfiction or any fanfiction comes in waves for me. I would spend hours and hours engrossed in a story. Then I started writing my own. And now I'm reading a lot of the canon so I read less fan fic. It's interesting to see how people use Frank and Joe in a story. Sometimes it feels too different for me, but other times it's so spot on it's scary.

Another reason why some of us could write better HB stories than their current ghostwriters. :)