Children's Lit and Its Effects

Started by hardygirl847, December 11, 2010, 05:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on December 15, 2010, 12:53:42 PM

And this doesn't really fit at all, but I'll throw it in here anyway. Wow- be careful what you search for on the Internet. I ran across what seemed to be a funny fanfiction story based on the '70s show (particularly centered on the joke that Frank would always leave the room whenever Joe was singing a song in an episode) - but it turned out to not be good. I won't bother to post the link (because I can't find it right now for one thing and because it's apparently from a homoerotic blog.) I did think Joe having panic attacks from Frank's constant leaving and seeming rejection of him and his music was kinda funny, but like I said- it delved into some bad things at the end. I don't care for that kind of fanfiction...

I've read a fanfic where Frank hires somebody to kidnap Joe, and things go WAY downhill from there.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 06, 2011, 11:08:33 AM
Glad that's not the case. It's nice to know that there are other Christians on here who like the Hardy Boys, too! :)   

That was my reaction to this place, too. I too am a Christian and, although I sometimes fail, I try to live the way God wants me to. But, as the Bible says, we all fall.  :)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on February 06, 2011, 03:41:19 PM
I've read a fanfic where Frank hires somebody to kidnap Joe, and things go WAY downhill from there.

What was the deal with that?  ??? It seems like someone didn't read the series! ::)

hardygirl847

LOL Frank hires someone to kidnap Joe?! HAHAHAHAHA WHY?

Is it strange that I want to read this??? lol
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 08, 2011, 08:10:04 PM
LOL Frank hires someone to kidnap Joe?! HAHAHAHAHA WHY?

Is it strange that I want to read this??? lol

I know so do I! ;D I have a feeling it might be rated M, though. :-\

AlwaysAJoefan

Hardy Boys UB Fan

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 08, 2011, 09:09:42 PM
Do you see any of the Hardys really doing that? :-\   I don't. :)

Definitely not.  :-\

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 08, 2011, 09:44:31 PM
Definitely not.  :-\

Warning rant ahead!

It should be a rule that you be an experienced Hardy Boys reader before you go writing fanfiction and posting it on the internet! Some of stuff that people write about the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Alex Rider, I wouldn't let anyone underage read. :o >:( ::)

Anyone else feel this way? :-\

MacGyver

Definitely.
      Of course, there are some that are familiar with these books and just have to insert some kind of innuendo or other such junk that was never there in the books and never would be. This is of course the same thing that happened with The Brady Bunch, Scooby-Doo, Starsky & Hutch, Charlie's Angels and many other movies I'm sure- and it's why I don't like most TV show to movie adaptations.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 08, 2011, 10:36:48 PM
Warning rant ahead!

It should be a rule that you be an experienced Hardy Boys reader before you go writing fanfiction and posting it on the internet! Some of stuff that people write about the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Alex Rider, I wouldn't let anyone underage read. :o >:( ::)

Anyone else feel this way? :-\

If it was possible to agree 200%, I would.  :)

Warning: Another Rant Ahead

I really don't get why people take a good TV show, book(s), or a good movie and put all the trash in it. I mean, is it really necessary? Do we need the trash for it to sell? :o ::) If so, than I am ashamed to be in such a society. Thank goodness for Christian movie makers like the Kendrick brothers. We really need good entertainment.  :)

OK, I'm off the soap box now.  ::)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 09, 2011, 10:55:00 AM
If it was possible to agree 200%, I would.  :)

Warning: Another Rant Ahead

I really don't get why people take a good TV show, book(s), or a good movie and put all the trash in it. I mean, is it really necessary? Do we need the trash for it to sell? :o ::) If so, than I am ashamed to be in such a society. Thank goodness for Christian movie makers like the Kendrick brothers. We really need good entertainment.  :)

OK, I'm off the soap box now.  ::)

I'm still on mine. ;D Can you believe what some people will have some book and TV characters do in a fanfiction? :o ::)

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah! I read this Hardy Boys fanfiction and it was INNAPPROPRIATE!!!!!!! It was rated like 13+ though, there wasn't even a mystery in it, juss the boys fighting, cursing, and doing INNAPPROPRIATE things!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( :P

Lol sorry, I like to yell the word "innappropriate"  ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

AlwaysAJoefan

One other thing that comes to mind: The Hardy Boys are geared for young people, right? Then why write R-rated HB fan-fics? Just curious...  ::) ???

MacGyver

To appeal to the perverted minds of adult fans who find that kind of crudity and immorality funny.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"