The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Hmm- Frank and Joe do go up to Alaska in Trouble in the Pipeline, don't they? But sorry- that's not it.
Let's see- a hint....
Maybe I should clarify and say that this book was initially dedicated to the boys and girls of Alaska, but it doesn't have this dedication in later printings. That should narrow it down a lot! ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Mattie

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on April 15, 2011, 03:36:51 PM
Maybe I should clarify and say that this book was initially dedicated to the boys and girls of Alaska, but it doesn't have this dedication in later printings. That should narrow it down a lot! ;)

Actually it was only on the Original Text version of the book due to Alaska just becoming a US state the year of the book's publication; it was removed with the Revision Text in 1973.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Right- I know. I was trying to say that but still be a little vague about it to keep the guessing alive for a while longer. ;)

Well, Mattie got the answer then- it was The Mystery at Devil's Paw - and as tomswift2002 said, it was dedicated to the boys and girls of Alaska only in the original text printing because it was printed in the same year Alaska was added as the 49th. state to the United States of America- 1959.
Technically, I feel like I should give this to SDLAgent because he came up with the right title a while back- but then again, technically he hadn't offered it as a guess. So I guess Mattie can go ahead and do the next one. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Mattie

Okay, I'll post a question as soon as I think of a hard one.

Mattie

In Cult of Crime what was the Rajah's real name?

SDLagent

Darn it! The Mystery at Devil's Paw was my gut feeling.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Mattie on April 15, 2011, 10:48:40 PM
In Cult of Crime what was the Rajah's real name?

Paul Michael Strand.

Mattie

Quote from: Katie on April 16, 2011, 10:39:49 AM
Paul Michael Strand.
Wow, that was fast. I'm assuming it wasn't as hard as I thought. Katie, you totally got it. :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Mattie on April 16, 2011, 04:09:19 PM
Wow, that was fast. I'm assuming it wasn't as hard as I thought. Katie, you totally got it. :)

Thanks. :)

Okay . . .

What book had Frank and Joe working with the underground in New York?

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on April 16, 2011, 08:34:18 PM
Thanks. :)

Okay . . .

What book had Frank and Joe working with the underground in New York?

Edge of Destruction, Casefile #5?
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on April 16, 2011, 09:13:09 PM
Edge of Destruction, Casefile #5?

You got it! I thought I'd having to give hints!

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on April 16, 2011, 09:16:09 PM
You got it! I thought I'd having to give hints!

Cool! I have to think of an easy one!  :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on April 16, 2011, 09:35:45 PM
You do that!

'Cause all the "hard" ones get answered right away!  ;D