Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery: Gold Medal Murder

Started by FrankJoeATAC, September 07, 2009, 02:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokerette

sorry, but yes i am putting down nancy drew. and getting the almost unignorable urge to utter a few...not exactly G-rated words while doing so.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Quote from: RevWolfX on July 15, 2010, 05:42:17 AM
ha! technically, it's not a UB book. it's been tainted by nancy drew. and, contrary to popular belief, i do not love every UB book.

What!? Stone her, stone her!!

Jokerette

humph. i thought i clearly stated at one point that i quite strongly disliked thrill ride.

oh yeah, and with what i said earlier. i didn't mean i was like cursing nancy drew or anything. i meant that...well, i just all of a sudden felt like ahem, ya know...
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone ;)
(I think we might all be guilty on the UB lack of love deal- lol.
Except for the Nancy Drew knocking thing- I'm definitely a fan. But don't let her "Girl Detective" portrayal taint the overall character.
[Even though I don't know that it's honestly all that bad.])
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

sorry, mac ole buddy, but i strongly dislike all of nancy's series and personalities.

(and now that my opinion is stated, i'll be quiet about it  :D)

SDLagent

Why do you dislike Nancy? You keep saying how much you dislike the character, but you haven't said why yet.

Jokerette

i really don't know. there are quite a few reasons to make me dislike her but i know that those alone are not enough. i guess i just can't enjoy another detective series after the hardy boys. but, no, i like the three investigators and tom swift. maybe i just don't...meh, i dunno, just don't care for her at all

SDLagent

Jokerette

SDLagent

Jokerette

MacGyver

Hmm- interesting that two of the female members on here don't seem to care much for Nancy Drew and at least two of the male members (I'm including myself here) definitely love Nancy Drew pretty well. Of course, I also love The Hardy Boys and The Three Investigators and I enjoy other detective series too. Tom Swift is cool too, but I don't know that he really fits the "detective" genre.
Oh well- interesting...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

me not liking nancy has nothing to do with her being a girl. she is just...cheesy!

MacGyver

so do you think she doesn't really resonate with girls today as realistic?

Jokerette

yes. also, she just doesn't, ya know...excite me. it's just blah...