Bonfire Masquerade- #5 NDGD/HBUB Supermystery book

Started by MacGyver, October 07, 2010, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Olivia

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

That would be interesting since they've never seemed to have had any interest in previous books. But unless we're going to start seeing regular cameos from Nancy Drew in the Hardy Boys UB books and cameos from The Hardy Boys in the Nancy Drew GD books, I really don't think they need to mess around with that. Of course, I'm still in the traditional canon mindset with the relationships being Frank and Callie, Joe and Iola and Nancy and Ned.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 08, 2011, 08:21:36 PM
That would be interesting since they've never seemed to have had any interest in previous books. But unless we're going to start seeing regular cameos from Nancy Drew in the Hardy Boys UB books and cameos from The Hardy Boys in the Nancy Drew GD books, I really don't think they need to mess around with that. Of course, I'm still in the traditional canon mindset with the relationships being Frank and Callie, Joe and Iola and Nancy and Ned.

Yeah. Wasn't Nancy Drew mentioned in the Hardy Boys UB book No.7?

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 08, 2011, 08:29:48 PM
Yeah. Wasn't Nancy Drew mentioned in the Hardy Boys UB book No.7?

Before the Hardys even met Nancy in the UB continuity. Or maybe Terror on Tour take place after Mission #7.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: SDLagent on February 09, 2011, 12:37:14 AM
Before the Hardys even met Nancy in the UB continuity. Or maybe Terror on Tour take place after Mission #7.

Maybe Frank was hallucinating. :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

I remember in Terror on Tour they made it seem like Joe was interested in Nancy. Luckily it hasn't been like that ever since.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Olivia on February 09, 2011, 09:08:43 PM
I remember in Terror on Tour they made it seem like Joe was interested in Nancy. Luckily it hasn't been like that ever since.

Yeah. ;D

SDLagent

Well, I don't see why people thought that was out of character for Joe. Nancy's supposed to be good looking so it makes sense that Joe would at least be a little attracted to her.

MacGyver

I don't think it's out of character for Joe, unless the UB series had already shown him as steadily going out with Iola. (Which I'm not totally sure of, having not read any of them yet. lol) But even if that had been established, it wouldn't be wrong for him to admit being attracted to Nancy. It's where he goes with that attraction from there that would determine whether he was cheating on his girlfriend or not.

SDLagent

Joe is dating Iola in the UB. Or any girl for that matter.

MacGyver

Okay- so he's essentially the girl-crazy Archie Andrews analog that he was in the Casefiles. (Only with Iola alive in this continuity- but he's apparently not tied down to her or anything.)