Obama to appear in HB #16

Started by SDLagent, March 16, 2009, 10:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

President Barack Obama will make a cameo appearance in The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel #16 ''Shhhhhh!''.

http://papercutz.com/blog/2009/03/16/a-few-thoughts-on-tough-times?/

SDLagent

Looks like a caption has been added to the cover of ''Shhhhhh!''. Can anyone make it out?

003Robin457

According to the blog:
QuoteWe?ll try to post a new bigger cover pic soon, but so you don?t go crazy waiting, the caption on the cover says:
SPECIAL EXCERPT:
DEPRIVATION HOUSE
THE NEW HARDY BOYS THRILLER!
It?s a special bonus excerpt from the Simon & Schuster Hardy Boys novel, presented to give readers of just the Papercutz graphic novels an idea of what they?re missing in the action-packed prose paperbacks!
Please let us know what you think of HB #16. Love it, hate it ? we want to know!
http://papercutz.com/blog/2009/03/16/a-few-thoughts-on-tough-times%e2%80%a6/

tomswift2002

Did they really need to do that?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

SDLagent

You'd think if they were going to deface the cover art, they'd put something more worth while, than a mention of a book that came out almost a year ago!

SDLagent

From the Papercutz MySpace page:

Jim Salicrup says this is on sale, now. Anyone get it, yet?

tomswift2002

I've got it on order with Chapters.ca and so far I haven't received an email saying that it has shipped.

Quote from: 003Robin457 on March 17, 2009, 03:18:02 PM
The cameo or the exert?

I was referring to the exerpt.  Deprivation House came out last May.  I would think that Simon & Schuster would maybe be trying to push Double Trouble, or even Galaxy X?  Of course, Simon & Schuster does not do things logically.

Does anyone know if Double Deception contains a preview for Galaxy X?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 18, 2009, 09:52:13 AM
Does anyone know if Double Deception contains a preview for Galaxy X?

I believe it does.

Bigfootman

"what they?re missing in the action-packed prose paperbacks"

People who only read the GNs are not missing anything.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

tomswift2002

Yeah, I just go Double Deception today.  It does contain an excerpt for Galaxy X, but I can tell right away that it is another reused plot.

003Robin457

So I got Shhhhhh yesterday and buy the time I got home it was too late to read it. So Today after school I will. I fliped trough the book though. Didn't see Obama yet, but I saw their reacuring chacter but I dont think the person* is in much of the story. Looks like an awesome story. Also saw the exert. Much smaller font that takes up much less pages.

<<Spoiler>>
The reacuring chacter is Lindsay.

tomswift2002

Chapters hasn't shipped the book yet.

SkyWarp

Mine probably won't arrive until late next week at the earliest.  Its being sent via amazon and their free shipping over 25 dollar feature.