Detective poll

Started by FrankJoeATAC, July 14, 2008, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Pals of detectives do you like best?

Bess Marvin
3 (33.3%)
George Fayne
2 (22.2%)
Chet Morton
6 (66.7%)
Biff Hooper
2 (22.2%)
Iola Morton
1 (11.1%)
Callie Shaw
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: July 21, 2008, 09:28:53 PM

FrankJoeATAC

SDLagent

Enough polls already! :o No just kidding, it's just there has been SO many no polls started today!

I voted for Chet, although I like Callie, too.

NZone

I noticed all the polls, and i felt obligated to read and respond to every one. It takes a while, but it is nice to see a lot of activity on these boards. Anyway, I went with Chet and Biff. Male Power!!
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Q

Olivia

It really depends. I like Iola as a character, but Chet and Biff are better for detecting and entertainment value 8)

tomswift2002

I went with Chet and Callie.  As I mentioned in another post, I really like the early Chet.  As with Callie, I was really fascinated with the way that she was portrayed in the Casefiles, not as just another damsel in distress, but she actually helped out on the cases and felt jealous that Frank and Joe always got the cases.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Q on July 15, 2008, 09:30:00 AM
Biff's the man!
Who IS Biff anyway? I don't think he is in UB series, and those R the only 1's I read ;D ;D ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

It's sad that new Hardy Boys fans who have only read the UB series, don't know any of the Hardy's friends like Biff, Tony, Phil and even Callie (good thing she appears in graphic novel #1). I wish they would appear in the UB series!

By the way, Biff is one of the Hardy friends who helps them out on cases in pretty much every other series, except for UB. He is big, likes sports, and shares many interests with Joe, who he is good friends with.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 19, 2008, 11:14:58 PM
It's sad that new Hardy Boys fans who have only read the UB series, don't know any of the Hardy's friends like Biff, Tony, Phil and even Callie (good thing she appears in graphic novel #1). I wish they would appear in the UB series!

By the way, Biff is one of the Hardy friends who helps them out on cases in pretty much every other series, except for UB. He is big, likes sports, and shares many interests with Joe, who he is good friends with.

Oh, OK. Who is Phil and Tony?
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Tony Prito is a good friend of the Hardys, who at first works for his father's construction company but later starts working at Mr. Pizza (this forum's namesake), and becomes the manager.

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/index.php?nav=network&sub=characters&character_id=013

Phillip Cohen is also friend of the boys, especially Frank, since they both are interested in electronics and computers. Sometimes Phil helps Frank and Joe out on cases, as a tech support of sorts.

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/index.php?nav=network&sub=characters&character_id=005

Neither, Tony or Phil are originally from the US - Tony is Italian, Phil is Jewish. But note that by the end of the original series this was rarely, if ever mentioned.

Sam Spade

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on July 20, 2008, 10:45:35 AM
Oh, OK. Who is Phil and Tony?

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 21, 2008, 03:24:44 AM
Tony Prito is a good friend of the Hardys, who at first works for his father's construction company but later starts working at Mr. Pizza (this forum's namesake), and becomes the manager.

I guess you if you didn't know who Tony was, JHR, then you probably didn't understand why this forum is called Mr. Pizza's Forum, did you?
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

JoeHardyRocks

Actually, no. I was wondering why they called it Mr. Pizza's Forum... :D
"Thank you, Joe."

tomswift2002

Also, Jerry Gilroy appeared in the first 10 volumes of the original series (both revised and original), but he hasn't been in the books since that point.

The Digests had the Hardy's gain a new friend who appeared in quite a few books from #135 onward, Jamaal Hawkins who was I believe Jamaican.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Oh yeah, I remember Jerry. And Jamaal. Hmm, two J's.

Anyways, I guess Chet is reigning, and surprisingly (at least to me) Bess is following in 2nd so far!

FrankJoeATAC

So Chet is the hardy Boys most popular friend, and Bess in nancy drew's most popular friend.  :)