Season 3 Sound Clips

Started by hardygirl847, June 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Well, I won't know yet what episode it is. I looked on locatetv.com (http://www.locatetv.com/tv/hardy-boys-nancy-drew-mysteries/season-2/1669137) and it says it might be Arson and Old Lace. That would be out of order...but it also lists some of the season 3 episodes as "latest" episodes. So I guess we will see. My DVR will be ready, don't worry!!

(The channel listed on locatetv.com is not the same as mine so I don't know....)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, here's the generic reply Universal sent me about The Hardy Boys Mysteries (Season 3):

Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

No date has been announced for the next season DVD release of "The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries" series. A multitude of factors, including contractual issues, influence the timing and content of our DVD releases. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

For a listing of upcoming releases, please check our website periodically at: http://www.universalstudioshomeentertainment.com. You might also wish to subscribe to our online newsletter for product announcements at http://signup.universalstudois.com/form/39.

We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Not very encouraging- but I have seen a number of people on the Internet asking for this release, so maybe Universal will eventually take notice.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Yeah not very encouraging at all! Grr....Maybe we need to start a petition of sorts....Maybe that would help them take notice.

Side note...Arson and Old Lace is scheduled to be the episode tomorrow morning. Next week's should be Campus Terror if locatetv.com is right again.

I am slowly getting closer to Season 3... *crosses fingers*
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 12, 2010, 12:48:47 PM
Yeah not very encouraging at all! Grr....Maybe we need to start a petition of sorts....Maybe that would help them take notice.

Well one petition that will most likely get Universal to work more quickly on Season 3 is to get more people to buy the two seasons that are out already.  If those Seasons start selling at a rapid pace, then that will send a message to Universal to get on the last season.

BUt also it could be a contractual issue that is holding the season up, since if there is some music that is costing quite a bit to licence for distribution, and Universal don't think that they'd get a good profit on the set  because of that, then that could be what's holding the set up.  Remember, in the 1970's no one was thinking of clearing the rights for distribution since the series was only being made available to TV stations who were broadcasting it, not distributing it for home viewing.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

That's a good point Tomswift. They did not foresee the concept of DVDs.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 13, 2010, 02:14:35 AM
That's a good point Tomswift. They did not foresee the concept of DVDs.

And in the 80's when Universal and Goodtimes released that handful of VHS/Beta tapes of the series those would've been the only episodes cleared for home video distribution, unless they had already cleared some for airlines and passenger ship lines to show on their journey's (which is how Fox has been able to reissue the 1966 Batman movie numerouse times, but has not been able to release any episodes on VHS, Beta, DVD or Blu-Ray).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Wow! You know a LOT!

I asked my hubby about videotaping the show somehow and putting them on youtube but he said it wasn't a good idea. I was thinking of you all though! I just hope they start showing Season 3 sometime on tv.

And to whomever owns the rights currently to this show, PLEASE release it ASAP!

hardygirl847

UPDATE! This weekend, Assault on the Tower is scheduled to air!!!! Then it is supposed to be Search for Atlantis. Why they are going out of order, I don't know. But FINALLY I will get to see a SEASON 3 episode!!!!!! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 22, 2010, 11:17:37 PM
UPDATE! This weekend, Assault on the Tower is scheduled to air!!!! Then it is supposed to be Search for Atlantis. Why they are going out of order, I don't know. But FINALLY I will get to see a SEASON 3 episode!!!!!! :)

Better record the episodes none the less so that you can have (syndicated) versions of the episodes and you can watch them whenever without having to wait on Universal.

MacGyver

Woohoo! Yeah for Season 3 episodes! :D 8)
From the episode descriptions I read, along with the pictures and sound clips on that website you posted at the start of this thread- all the Season 3 episodes sound pretty intriguing to me. I know I really enjoyed "Search for Atlantis", so I feel sure "Assault on the Tower" will be good.
Be sure to post a good review of the episode. ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on June 23, 2010, 07:12:25 AM
Better record the episodes none the less so that you can have (syndicated) versions of the episodes and you can watch them whenever without having to wait on Universal.

Oh definitely! I have warned my hubby that he is never to erase them! lol I even thought of taping them on video for myself or figuring out a way to get them on a VHS or DVD. I have no clue how to do so though when you record something on a DVR. If nothing else, I can just hold on to them forever...or until hell freezes over and Universal finally releases the  DVD.

Quote from: MacGyver on June 23, 2010, 12:49:17 PM
Woohoo! Yeah for Season 3 episodes! :D 8)
From the episode descriptions I read, along with the pictures and sound clips on that website you posted at the start of this thread- all the Season 3 episodes sound pretty intriguing to me. I know I really enjoyed "Search for Atlantis", so I feel sure "Assault on the Tower" will be good.
Be sure to post a good review of the episode. ;)

Will do!! I am very excited as well. I just don't know why they are not going in order. Hmm...

Oh and from that site I posted in the beginning of the thread, I really liked the one about the girl that is obsessed with Frank. I hope they play it at some point. :D

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 24, 2010, 10:55:43 PM
Oh definitely! I have warned my hubby that he is never to erase them!

Now if he ever want a divorce he knows what to do.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on June 25, 2010, 02:28:11 AM
Now if he ever want a divorce he knows what to do.

LOL well I wouldn't let it him off that easy but it would be an argument for sure!!

MacGyver

Well, in looking around online, I found the website for the station airing The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries that hardygirl847 mentioned.
http://www.myretrotv.com/index2.html

It has affiliates all over the USA, so give it a look- it might be airing in your area! And there's a quick blurb for the show there along with the rest of their programming. Not a whole lot- but cool nonetheless.
And besides The Hardy Boys, a lot of other classic characters are on there- The Incredible Hulk, Battlestar Galactica (the 1970s original of course!), Emergency, Leave It to Beaver, Airwolf, Knight Rider, The A-Team, Magnum, P.I., Simon & Simon, Kojak, Quincy, M.E., Adam-12, Dragnet- tons of good stuff. :D 8)

hardygirl847

My station is actually called Me Too or something. BUT it does have a lot of oldies. I'm not sure all of those are on there though. I used locatetv.com as well. It's been right so far... Next us is Search for Atlantis and then Scorpion's Sting is scheduled for July 11th.

Speaking of Season 3 episodes, I will have to do my "review" of Assault on the Tower soon! :)