Hardy Boys: Killer Mission cover

Started by SDLagent, April 21, 2009, 01:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

Well, hero boys are always dashingly handsome....
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

ALOL. I like how you phrased that.

Villains can also be good looking and their innocent appearance/act can deceive people too.

I'm not saying you said villains have to be ugly, but just throwing that out there, anyways.

JoeHardyRocks

This is a villian:

So he's handsome?

"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

If you read any of the first 58 Hardy Boys, you won't have any doubt what the Hardy boys look like.

Olivia

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on May 06, 2009, 09:11:12 PM
This is a villian:

So he's handsome?

Very funny - I was wondering when photos would start popping up in this thread ;)

But the key word is ?can?. Villains can be good looking. Or are you going to hire that dude for the movie?

Quote from: SDLagent on May 07, 2009, 12:13:48 AM
If you read any of the first 58 Hardy Boys, you won't have any doubt what the Hardy boys look like.

Do you know if they ever say something like: "Joe is a good looking blond"? Or is it more like: "Girls are charmed by Joe"? (Sort of a rhetorical question).

Actually, since girls like Frank in the UBs, I wonder if we're suppose to just assume he's really good looking or if it's more about his demeanor of being polite and shy-ish (and they find that endearing).

SDLagent

Well, from what I can remember the originals describes both Frank and Joe as "handsome" or "good looking".

JoeHardyRocks

Well, if it was the originals, they probably phrased it like "They were two strapping young lads". :P :D
"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

Lol! Thanks for giving me an idea!

Here is how they would be described (although, I didn?t attempt the Digests, Casefiles, or the GNs).

Originals:

They were two strapping young lads.*

*Copyrighted by JHR, Inc.

UBs:

Joe Chapter ? ?I looked at myself in the mirror, and staring back at me, I found a very attractive and striking, young guy. I winked at the blond hottie. He definitely had style.?

Frank Chapter ? ?I caught a reflection of myself while passing by a store window. I turned to see two girls staring at me, blushing and giggling. Thankfully, I knew that every hair was in its place. Grooming is important.?

FrankJoeATAC

4567TME

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on April 25, 2009, 09:10:22 AM
It would aslo be nice if they would stop making "Trilogys".
I think so, too.

SDLagent

tomswift2002

Doesn't that sound an awful lot like Hazed?  Plus the Reading Level being for Grade 3-7...boy I don't know if that is bad or good.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Sounds like a mix of the Nancy Drew File "Sisters in Crime" and the horrible UB "Hazed". This is most likely not going to be a good trilogy. This only thing I find interesting is the dog, is it going to be a new major character?

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Hardy Man

Yeah. Perhaps the producers have finally gotten the message that they have long since jumped the shark and decided to introduce a new character to freshen things up. Who knows? Maybe they are going to introduce Biff Hooper and his dog at the private school that the Hardys will be "investigating" at.

Bigfootman

I think the title came to be when the writers relized that killer also is slang for awsome. So the title means "awsome mystery".  ::)

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?