Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

The harder to find (in general- I'm sure it's easier to find if you in fact live in Canada ;)) Canadian version of The Hardy Boys: The Secret of Thunder Mountain board game based on the '70s show.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I can't remember if I've posted this one before- another puzzle based on The Hardy Boys half of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (Nancy Drew did get at least one puzzle too though, but unfortunately, her merchandise based on the show was a bit more limited...)

MacGyver

Great, classic picture of Pamela Sue Martin (the primary Nancy Drew on the '70s show and still one of my favorite Nancy Drew portrayers ever!) :) 8)

MacGyver

About the only publicity photo I've ever seen of Janet Louise Johnson as Nancy Drew on the '70s show. (Along with Shaun Cassidy as Joe Hardy and Parker Stevenson as Frank Hardy, of course. At the time she came in, the only Nancy Drew stories that were done were all crossovers with The Hardy Boys, so it figures that she would just have publicity photos with the boys of course.)

MacGyver

From what I understand, this is a pretty rare collectible from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show- these two puzzles in canisters! The Hardy Boys one is also available in a box- I'm pretty positive I've posted pictures of that on here before. But I don't think I've ever seen this Nancy Drew one in any packaging other than this canister. It's nice to see a puzzle even made for Nancy Drew- I was just lamenting a few posts ago about her lack of merchandise from the show- she didn't get nearly as much as The Hardy Boys, but there were some items- and this is one of them.

MacGyver

Wow- so I was just talking about these puzzles on here last night and today I happened across the Nancy Drew puzzle I posted above! And here's the version in a box. Cool! :) 8)
I've only ever seen pictures of the canister version before, so nice to finally see this box. Great artwork here! Is Nancy investigating an ogre or something here perhaps? That dude beneath the stairs looks pretty bad! Whoa!

MacGyver

Storyboards from episode 19 ("The Clue of the Screeching Owl") of The Hardy Boys cartoon series. :) 8)

MacGyver

Pretty awesome cartoon cel from the cartoon series with The Hardy Boys Plus Three band.  :) 8)

MacGyver

Here's another cool one with the cartoon version of The Hardy Boys! :) 8)

MacGyver

Saw this on Youtube and figured this would be the best place for it. This is a little over an hour long interview with Dal McKennon, voice of Chubby Morton on The Hardy Boys cartoon. :) 8)

MacGyver

Nice recent blog piece about The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, even if some of the details are not accurate. (I gather the person who posted hasn't read the books very much...)

MacGyver

I may have posted this before, but I thought it was interesting- yet another example of the Shaun Cassidy mania of the 1970s.

Obviously aimed at girls, but the T-shirt does reference The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show- so it's specifically Hardy Boys merchandise, not just Shaun Cassidy the musician merchandise.

MacGyver

The Nancy Drew Sleuth site has some cool scans from The Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Fan Club mailings on this page. :) 8)

MacGyver

Can't remember if I've posted this one- here's a record case released in conjunction with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. You may detect a slight emphasis on Shaun Cassidy here over Parker Stevenson. ;) ;D