Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

And here's an inspirational quote I saw on the Hardy Boys Detective Agency forum- lol.

"We don't sweat. We don't strain. And our hair never gets messed up. Why? Because we're The Hardy Boys!'
- Shaun Cassidy(from the Shaun Cassidy Scrapbook)
:) 8) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Some nice closeup views of The Hardy Boys Mystery Game: The Secret of Thunder Mountain, based on the '70s show.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

The game board looks pretty cool when it's all set up.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on August 09, 2013, 01:22:30 PM
Some nice closeup views of The Hardy Boys Mystery Game: The Secret of Thunder Mountain, based on the '70s show.

Those are close ups of the American version of the game where everything was in English.  The Canadian Version looks pretty much like those pictures, but on things, such as the "Follow The Lead" cards, the font is smaller and there is a line under the English, followed by the same thing in French. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Okay- thanks for the clarification. I remember you mentioned you've got a copy of the Canadian version of the board game- from what I understand, that is a pretty nice and kinda rare thing to come by. 8) :)

MacGyver

Just found this cool promo picture from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries with Frank and Joe in front of their trusty van. :) 8)

MacGyver

MacGyver

MacGyver

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but here are the Kenner catalog pages from 1978 and 1979, advertising The Hardy Boys action figures from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. I noticed that the original 1978 look for Joe and Frank are different from the figures shown in the 1979 catalog. I've only ever seen Frank and Joe as depicted in the 1979 catalog- does anyone know if the other versions were ever released? The difference with Frank is not as noticeable, but the original Joe figure has a silver jacket- quite a contrast from the red jacket that was used later.
(And yes, this is from a Jem! fan site. Apparently some of the Kenner designs for The Hardy Boys may have been reused for Jem figures. Oh well- that's cool. I remember watching Jem! as a kid in the '80s- fun cartoon. And I do believe it's still running on The Hub- or at least it was airing there again recently.)

MacGyver

The house used as The Hardys' home on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries with the filming sign in front of it. (I believe this is from back in late '70s when the show was in production and thus tour groups could see it on the Universal studio lots.)

MacGyver

Here's a picture of Pamela Sue Martin from November 2012, meeting with a fan at a convention. Nancy Drew's still looking great! :) 8)

(Here's the blog entry where this originally came from.)

MacGyver

Promotional ad for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries :) 8)

MacGyver

QuoteWhoa! Here's a pretty cool collectible for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. The Electric Company Magazine featured Frank, Joe and Nancy on the cover (with an illustration based on their portrayals by Parker Stevenson, Shaun Cassidy and Pamela Sue Martin, respectively) of the October 1977 issue! Cool drawing! (And doubly cool for me as a fan of The Electric Company and its parent show- Sesame Street- and of course, Jim Henson and all his Muppets creations in general.) :) 8)
(And hey!- it's also an issue that features a Spidey Super Story! [As fans may know, a live action Spider-Man appeared on The Electric Company on the original 1970s show. And I guess to balance out the Marvel Comics portion, DC Comics got represented as well with a live action appearance of Blue Beetle!])

Ever since I ran across this recently, I've been enamored with tracking down a copy... I haven't turned up much on that yet, but I did find an old Ebay listing for this item that gives a little insight on the contents.
Apparently, it features The Hardy Boys' and Nancy Drew's "Detective Tips". Sounds groovy! And of course, there's a 5 page Spidey Super Stories comic featuring Mysterio! :) 8)
Hopefully I'll be able to track down a copy someday- I just love that cover!

MacGyver

If you need a costume for Halloween this year, you can always go as Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys! :) 8)
(based on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show, of course. There are also Halloween costumes that were made for The Hardy Boys cartoon- I'll post some pictures when I find some good ones.)

MacGyver

Not so much merchandise here, but I found this page where Ana Alicia recalls some memories from filiming the "Life on the Line" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, complete with a screen capture of Ana Alicia and Shaun Cassidy together in a scene.