Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on June 18, 2013, 12:05:21 PM
Here's a site that bills itself as a museum of games- and this is their entry for The Hardy Boys board game based on the '70s show.

University of Waterloo!  Canadian University at that!  That's a nice thing for them to have, especially with the Hardys Canadian connections.

In the future I'm going to try to post to the Facebook page scans of a record I picked up recently.  "The Hardy Boys Love and Let Love/Sink Or Swim", the version issued in Portugal, which featured a very different cover than the American version
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Nice! I'll definitely be interested to see that. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

QuoteUniversity of Waterloo!  Canadian University at that!  That's a nice thing for them to have, especially with the Hardys Canadian connections.
Definitely. The Hardy Boys series may have been started by an American (Edward Stratemeyer), but it would not be nearly as memorable except for the outstanding efforts of a Canadian writer (Leslie McFarlane). :) 8)
Always nice to have intercultural connections like that- along with Mexicans, Americans and Canadians are all North Americans anyway.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I just ran across this very brief interview with Shaun Cassidy about his experiences working on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :) 8)

MacGyver

One of the most interesting pieces of merchandise I've come across from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- I'm kinda suspicious on this as to whether it's really an officially licensed merchandise item or perhaps just a fanmade item. Nonetheless, here's a Hardy Boys poker chip.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on July 17, 2013, 02:25:57 PM
One of the most interesting pieces of merchandise I've come across from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- I'm kinda suspicious on this as to whether it's really an officially licensed merchandise item or perhaps just a fanmade item. Nonetheless, here's a Hardy Boys poker chip.

I've actually got that chip.   Unfortunately I still have no idea as to its authenticity, but it was on Amazon at the same time "The Ahidden Thrft' as released, but I don't think it was from the game company.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Oh, that's cool. I didn't realize it was sold through Amazon.com - but then, Amazon also has a lot of bootleg stuff that gets sold on there too...

MacGyver

Wow- just found this cool video on Youtube, offering an analysis of the The Hardy Boys Game, the 1969 board game that was released based on The Hardy Boys cartoon series.
:) 8)

MacGyver

I can't recall if I've posted this on here before or not, but has anyone ever seen this collectible from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show?

It's a greeting cards set with the idea of kids painting and creating their own cards featuring the likenesses of the stars of the show.

MacGyver

And don't forget to put up your posters of Frank and Joe!

MacGyver

Just a screen capture from The Hardy Boys cartoon series I ran across:

MacGyver

I do believe the excellent Nancy Drew fan site- (Nancy Drew Sleuth)- has more information on the Cartoonarama kit, as well as further pictures.

For instance:

MacGyver

I've posted some material from The Hardy Boys Fan Club on here before- here's a look at the accompanying Nancy Drew Fan Club kit. (Both are based on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries).
Also, check Pamela Sue Martin's Web site for a nice gallery of Nancy Drew collectibles related to the '70s show- including a cover of a German printing of a Nancy Drew book that used Pamela Sue Martin's likeness in the illustration. (In some European language Nancy Drew books, Nancy is known as Alice.)

MacGyver

MacGyver

Hey- this is cool! Here's a promotional picture from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- looks like it's from "The Mystery of the African Safari" episode.