Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judah-Ben-Hur

ebay has several Pan backgrounds, and cels of Frank and Joe for auction right now if anyone is interested.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

What exactly are Pan backgrounds? I presume you mean from the cartoon? Thanks for the tip.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

Judah-Ben-Hur

Quote from: MacGyver on January 23, 2013, 11:27:48 AM
What exactly are Pan backgrounds? I presume you mean from the cartoon? Thanks for the tip.
A Pan is a camera move, where the camera travels left or right in the same shot. A pan background , unlike the traditional background that fits the animation board/desk, is long and is pulled through slowly to achieve the panning effect. An example would be those repeating hallways that classic Scooby doo cartoons use when the gang has a run cycle.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hardy+boys+animation&_sacat=0&_odkw=hardy+boys&_sac=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40
^ The first listing here shows a similar set up with Frank and Joe running over a long pan background. Pans can also go other directions, such has vertically as seen in Walt Disney's "Snow White"
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Oh, okay- that kind of pan... I thought you meant a brand name at first. Thanks for the explanation.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Judah-Ben-Hur

MacGyver

This site is sadly no longer in existence, but I remember when it first became popular- it was a real fun site to visit for TV shows and movies and other things of the past. Thankfully, Internet Archive has saved some captures of this site- Yesterdayland! Check out the archived page for The Hardy Boys cartoon. :) 8)

MacGyver

I can't believe I haven't posted this before. Who can forget the classic metal lunch boxes that were licensed for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries? :) 8) I do believe I've run across these before at antique stores- but I definitely don't have the money to spend on them, cute as they might be for a collectible.

MacGyver

And check out Yesterdayland's archived page for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries too. It's interesting to read fan memories of the show particularly. :) 8)

MacGyver

And Yesterdayland even has an archived page for the lunchboxes based on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :) 8)

MacGyver

QuoteThis site is sadly no longer in existence, but I remember when it first became popular- it was a real fun site to visit for TV shows and movies and other things of the past. Thankfully, Internet Archive has saved some captures of this site- Yesterdayland! Check out the archived page for The Hardy Boys cartoon. 
According to one of the posts on this site, a user remembered seeing this cartoon series in reruns in 1984 on an independent Chicago TV station, so I guess that answers an earlier question about whether or not the cartoon ran in reruns.

MacGyver

Another user on that site mentions a special that sounds like it would be worth tracking down.
According to the post- "The live band actually performed on prime-time tv for the ABC 1969 Saturday Morning Preview Show. The show was hosted by the casts of "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir". They performed "Love and Let Love"." So apparently the live action Hardy Boys band performed to promote the cartoon series- I wonder if I could find this Saturday Morning Preview Show on Youtube somewhere...I'll have to look around for it when I get a chance. :) 8)

MacGyver

Also, if you've never seen it, Bob Finnan's Unofficial Hardy Boys Home Page has a great article on The Hardy Boys cartoon, well worth checking out. I just discovered that the author of that article also has a follow-up piece here. (He also offers an episode guide for the cartoon series that seems to match up with the one I posted in another thread.

MacGyver

Quoteebay has several Pan backgrounds, and cels of Frank and Joe for auction right now if anyone is interested.
Is this one of the ones you were talking about?

MacGyver

Here's the Nancy Drew lunchbox that was produced for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries series.