Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Here's a great behind-the-scenes picture from "The Secret of the Jade Kwan Yin" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries with guest star Bill Saito posing with Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

For those interested, there is a Yahoo! Group dedicated to The Hardy Boys portion of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- (also focusing on the acting and otherwise careers of Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy in general. I don't think they really focus on the Nancy Drew end of it, with Pamela Sue Martin or Janet Louise Johnson's careers.) But anyway- there you go.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Didn't know where this would best fit- but I ran across a recent picture of Parker Stevenson- a fan met him at a convention earlier this year (circa May 2012) apparently and relates her encounter- and a picture of course.

MacGyver

Here's a scan from an Archie comic from the 1970s with an ad for The Official Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Fan Club! :) 8)

MacGyver

I can't remember if I've posted this before or not, but here's a nice close up of the Pocket Flix movie cassette that was released as a tie in to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries in the late 1970s.

MacGyver

Here are some nice pictures of Corgi's Rolls Royce toy that was released as a tie in to the 1960s The Hardy Boys cartoon (which included miniature figurines of the Hardy Boys Plus Three band.) I know I've posted the front view before, but I don't know if I've posted a picture of the back of the package, which I've just found here.

MacGyver

This is one of the backgrounds that was painted for use in The Hardy Boys cartoon from Filmation.

VLoneWolf

WoW the cars in the paniting look close to some of the books.

MacGyver

Maybe Filmation sourced it from some of The Hardy Boys books.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 03, 2013, 12:14:28 PM
Here are some nice pictures of Corgi's Rolls Royce toy that was released as a tie in to the 1960s The Hardy Boys cartoon (which included miniature figurines of the Hardy Boys Plus Three band.) I know I've posted the front view before, but I don't know if I've posted a picture of the back of the package, which I've just found here.

Interesting how the back says that it is a "1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost" that the Hardy's are apparently driving around in.  Of course its also funny that the toy was made in Great Britain.

Quote from: VLoneWolfWoW the cars in the paniting look close to some of the books.

Well with the Grosset & Dunlap books the Revisions of #'s 1-38, and the Detective Handbook, were happening between 1959 and 1973, plus during that same time #'s 39 - 52 were released, while the cartoon was only the air from 1969-1971, so the artists for the books and the cartoon were undoubtedly using cars that were on the road at that time (probably a good portion of which were from the 60's, with some from the 50's and 40's still on the roads) as models for the books and the show.  Plus, the artists probably didn't want to get into any copyright or patent issues regarding the looks of the various cars from the 50's and early 60's, so they were probably trying to use the more standard models instead of the ones with fins and other design styling.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

QuoteInteresting how the back says that it is a "1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost" that the Hardy's are apparently driving around in.  Of course its also funny that the toy was made in Great Britain.
Yeah- I wonder if the cartoon ever explains how Frank and Joe came to acquire a Rolls Royce to tool around in? (a 1912 one at that!) A grateful client, perhaps? As to the toy being made in Great Britain....? Maybe the cartoon did well there? I don't know on that one- but it is interesting.

MacGyver

MacGyver

Another one the girls would probably enjoy best- this site has a number of screen captures from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- It's mostly Season 1 and some Season 2 episodes. And the screen captures are mostly of guys, as this basically seems to be screen captures of actors someone thinks look hot, from what I can tell- lol. (Be warned too- there are screen captures from a variety of movies and TV shows and some are pretty erotic.)

MacGyver

The Official Hardy Boys Fan Club kit. (based on the '70s show.)

MacGyver

The Hardy Boys Fan Club card (based on the '60s cartoon.)