Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

And don't worry- here's a page for the show's original Nancy Drew, Pamela Sue Martin. And for all her fans wondering what she did after The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, here's a cool collection of screen captures from appearances she did on two classic late '70s shows, Fantasy Island and The Love Boat. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

And I also ran across a Web site that houses a virtual museum of screen-used props, including some treasure coins from "The Mystery of Pirate's Cove" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (which is Nancy Drew's first episode in the series.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I can't remember if I've posted this before, but if anyone is interested- the theme song for The Hardy Boys cartoon is available on an officially released CD! :) 8) - I actually have a copy of this CD- bought it a while back for all the cool cartoon theme songs on there and then realized that a party with The Hardys was in store too! :)
You can find the album at Amazon.com

MacGyver

I ran across this blog mentioning The Hardy Boys cartoon and I found it interesting that it mentions that the cartoon was rerun in syndication in the 1970s, presumably to cash in on the success of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries live action show that was airing at the time. Does anyone know anything on this? I'm curious on this- I didn't know the cartoon was ever run again beyond its initial airing from 1969-1971.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 13, 2012, 12:33:57 PM
I ran across this blog mentioning The Hardy Boys cartoon and I found it interesting that it mentions that the cartoon was rerun in syndication in the 1970s, presumably to cash in on the success of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries live action show that was airing at the time. Does anyone know anything on this? I'm curious on this- I didn't know the cartoon was ever run again beyond its initial airing from 1969-1971.

I know that 20th Century Fox had the syndication rights to the series upto the late-1980's.  Unfortunately, because Filmation no longer exists and its assets have been scattered all over the place, it is unknown if anyone has reaired this cartoon since the 80's, or even if they could get permission too reair it.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Okay, thanks for the information. Yeah, it seems doubtful that the cartoon would have reaired anytime past the end of Filmation (which was somewhere around 1988 or so, I think- I know Bravestarr was its last production and that cartoon started in 1987, with a movie version in 1988.)

MacGyver

Well, I've run across yet another picture inspired by the While The Clock Ticked cover- this one also featuring Nightwing and Robin standing in for Frank and Joe, respectively.

(I think I like the version of this similar scenario I've posted earlier in this thread better, but I do appreciate the reference to Bob Kane in this one, creator of Batman, along with Bill Finger.)

MacGyver

I was excited to find a decent scan from the opening credits theme song sequence for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, featuring the show's version of the While The Clock Ticked cover, with Parker Stevenson in there as Frank and Shaun Cassidy there as Joe. This is one of the coolest things the show did with the theme song credits, I think- I love how they worked both The Hardy Boys in there, as well as Pamela Sue Martin in as Nancy Drew on the Nancy Drew books. :) 8)

MacGyver

A marker activity book of some sort from the '70s show.

MacGyver

And a little Shaun Cassidy overload- I didn't realize they had pants with his image on it available in the 1970s, but I'm not surprised. lol. ;D

MacGyver

Hardy Sleuth

I'd never seen that drawing of Nightwing/Robin before you posted it, MacGyver, I like the Bob Kane reference, too. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

If you like that, you should see the ones I posted in this thread (which, now that I think about it, is really where that picture should have gone too- but oh, well.)

MacGyver

Can't recall if I've posted this before or not, but here's a 1981 ad to TV stations for rerunning The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- and the ad confirms that there are 46 hours available for the station to run, which makes sense since there are 46 episodes total. (In the past, there had been some confusion as to just how many episodes of this ran or were produced.)

MacGyver

Here are some great wallpapers to use for your computer for the 3rd. Season. :) 8)