Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 16, 2012, 10:16:12 PM
Wish granted. :) (At least partially- you can watch the opening theme song and closing theme song and a few bumper clips on Youtube. Hopefully someone will get this Filmation classic released to DVD someday soon too. There was a comic book series that ran based on Will The Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down as well- I've seen a few issues available at my local comic book shop before. :)

WOW! 8) MacGyver, that's awesome! :) Thank you so much!!! 8) And so cool there are comic books! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

You're welcome, Hardy Sleuth. I love the title of that cartoon. ;D
As to the comics, DC Comics published both a The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis title (in 1952) and The Adventures of Jerry Lewis title (in 1957)- neither one is exactly cheap. (At least not in mint condition.) The latter title ran through about 1971, from what I can tell- so it went for quite a while and it would've been just long enough to have been published at the same time the cartoon was running. If you're interested in tracking down either of those comics, I would recommend checking your local comic book store, antique malls [also great for classic Hardy Boys books ;)] and Ebay. I also like this site for comic books- it's one of the largest comic book stores in the USA. And the Web site usually has cover scans of their various titles [even ones not currently available], and sometimes even has scans of the first few pages of a comic book. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 18, 2012, 10:39:46 AM
You're welcome, Hardy Sleuth. I love the title of that cartoon. ;D
As to the comics, DC Comics published both a The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis title (in 1952) and The Adventures of Jerry Lewis title (in 1957)- neither one is exactly cheap. (At least not in mint condition.) The latter title ran through about 1971, from what I can tell- so it went for quite a while and it would've been just long enough to have been published at the same time the cartoon was running. If you're interested in tracking down either of those comics, I would recommend checking your local comic book store, antique malls [also great for classic Hardy Boys books ;)] and Ebay. I also like this site for comic books- it's one of the largest comic book stores in the USA. And the Web site usually has cover scans of their various titles [even ones not currently available], and sometimes even has scans of the first few pages of a comic book. :)

Yep, I have that site on my mental list of ones to look at ever since you shared it with us to see the first couple pages from some of the Hardy comics and I was really excited at getting to see them! :) I like looking on there at the cover scans and inside pages for series I like. :) Good comic books and cartoons are fun and cool! ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Found a few cool pictures on Jean Rasey's IMDB.com entry. (She portrayed George Fayne on Season 1 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries of course!)
Click through her pictures for a classic shot of her, Pamela Sue Martin and George O'Hanlon, Jr. from their time together on the classic '70s series. And she's got another picture dated April 3, 2011 where she had an impromptu reunion for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, meeting up with Pamela Sue Martin and Parker Stevenson! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I don't know where I got this from- I saved it somewhere on the Internet some years ago and kinda rediscovered it today. It's apparently a picture from The Hardy Boys cartoon, but it must be an early production design production picture, because pretty much everybody but Chubby (Chet) looks a good bit different.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on May 23, 2012, 08:19:31 PM
I don't know where I got this from- I saved it somewhere on the Internet some years ago and kinda rediscovered it today. It's apparently a picture from The Hardy Boys cartoon, but it must be an early production design production picture, because pretty much everybody but Chubby (Chet) looks a good bit different.

Or it looks like it might've come from a comic book.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

That could be too. I'm not really sure where it came from- just thought it was interesting. Of course, given that there's a description of a day of recording for The Hardy Boys in the studio, I'm thinking it could even possibly be some early promotional material included with one of the LP releases or 45 singles or something. Or some kind of press packet perhaps.

MacGyver

A promotional ad for ABC's Fall 1978 season, featuring Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy making appearances as The Hardy Boys :)

MacGyver

A call sheet for the "Voodoo Doll" (Parts 1 and 2) episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries

MacGyver

QuoteThat could be too. I'm not really sure where it came from- just thought it was interesting. Of course, given that there's a description of a day of recording for The Hardy Boys in the studio, I'm thinking it could even possibly be some early promotional material included with one of the LP releases or 45 singles or something. Or some kind of press packet perhaps.
I've found the origin of this picture- it's from ABC's Super Saturday Club materials that were sent to members. Read more about at this blog (with pictures!) :) 8)

MacGyver

Found this page at LaserDiscDatabase for the release of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries pilot episode "The Mystery of the Haunted House" onto a DiscoVision label LaserDisc back in 1978.

MacGyver

I ran across this video link at a Bread fan site that has a nice condensed version of the "Defection to Paradise" (Parts 1 and 2) episodes of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, mainly featuring David Gates' main appearances and Bread's musical highlights. And you do get to see Frank and Joe in there and get a rough idea of the plot, so those who haven't seen Season 3 before may want to be wary for spoilers.

MacGyver

I may have posted this before, but here's a classic logo for The Hardy Boys portion of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries

MacGyver

Found a cool behind-the-scenes photo from the shooting of the "Defection to Paradise" (Parts 1 and 2) episodes of The Hardy Boys. 8)

MacGyver

Some pretty cool press release pictures and newspaper articles about Janet Louise Johnson taking over form Pamela Sue Martin as Nancy Drew on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries and some nice screen captures from "Mystery of the Avalanche Express" episode right here. :) 8)
(For real Janet Louise Johnson or Janet Julian fans [the professional name she adopted later], if you click on the "Janet Julian" link on that page, you can find tons of cool screen captures from her other movie and TV show appearances, including cool, classic shows like Simon & Simon, Knight Rider [the 1980s original, of course] and Swamp Thing (yep- the 1990s live action series based on the DC Comics character.))