Hardy Boys Adventures 7 Shadows at Predator Reef

Started by Hardy Sleuth, December 08, 2013, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

Another Hardy Boys Adventures with a cool title coming Oct. 2014! 8)

Reference: Hardy and Drew Mysteries :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Oh wow! Yeah- sounds like a cool title. Thanks for the heads-up. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

When I first saw the title, I though you had got the wrong title for Hardy Boys #144 "The Secret Of Skeleton Reef".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on December 09, 2013, 12:45:52 PM
Oh wow! Yeah- sounds like a cool title. Thanks for the heads-up. :) 8)

Yep! :) No problem. :)

Quote from: Santa Claus on December 09, 2013, 07:59:05 PM
When I first saw the title, I though you had got the wrong title for Hardy Boys #144 "The Secret Of Skeleton Reef".

Lol, nope, different reef. ;) Both are dangerous though, I'm sure. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Speaking of The Secret of Skeleton Reef, when I first saw that book title, I wondered if maybe it took inspiration from The Three Investigators book, The Secret of Skeleton Island (or the Ken Holt book of the same title, for that matter.) Maybe the reef is located there at the island, which both share the same namesake- thus, perhaps Ken Holt, The Three Investigators and The Hardy Boys all solved mysteries at the same place. ;D 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

The summary for Shadows at Predator Reef has now been posted on Amazon.com

Frank and Joe might be in over their heads when they discover an aquatic smuggling operation in this chilling Hardy Boys adventure?a fresh approach to a classic series.

When Frank wins an internship at the Bayport Aquarium, he?s stoked at the chance to not only earn school credit, but to also geek out about one of his favorite subjects?aquatic life. And his brother Joe is equally jazzed about taking scuba diving lessons from the super-cute instructor, Aly. But both boys? excitement comes screeching to a halt when the aquarium?s most valuable asset goes missing: a rare two-hundred-pound sea turtle named Captain Hook.

Frank and Joe stumble upon a network of underground tunnels hidden beneath Bayport?and realize the aquarium is a secret entry point. Could the aquarium be the newest target of a sinister aquatic smuggling ring? And can the boys snag the gang?s mastermind before they end up in treacherous waters?

MacGyver

The cover art for the book is now available on Amazon.com's page. It looks pretty cool! :) 8)

tomswift2002

Looks very similar to the Casefiles "Deep Trouble" cover.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Yeah, it does at that. Well, Deep Trouble has a great cover too. They're both good- I'm just glad to see the covers for the Hardy Boys Adventures series depicting action scenes again, instead of the glamour/modelling shots we seemed to be getting towards the end of the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series.

MacGyver

tomswift2002

Just got my copies of the paperback and the hardcover the other day.  I haven't read the book yet, but I hope the mystery is decent, as the size of the book is really on the small size for a Hardy Boys book --- 121 pages--- so in your hands it feels about as thick as a Secret Files book.

MacGyver

Oh wow- that's interesting......and not always a good sign- but it may just be that that story ran a little short- I remember feeling the same sort of way about The End of the Trail (#162 in The Hardy Boys Digests- that one only had 144 pages, but it felt like less....) In any case, that book turned out to be really good- I particularly enjoyed it (probably because some of the Hardys' chums like Biff and Phil showed up).

MacGyver

I just got this book today finally and I see what you mean about the size of the book.... but then, #4 in the series, Into Thin Air, was on the short side too- 128 pages, according to Amazon's listing. (I don't have the book in front of me right now to check.)