Hardys in Danger

Started by hardygirl847, November 19, 2009, 04:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

We all know that Iola gets killed in the first book and later on Frank and Joe think their father is killed. But does anyone know what the worst injury, danger, torture, near death experience, etc was in the Casefiles? Or at least some good examples of things that happened directly to Frank or Joe?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

"Brother Against Brother" was pretty bad for Joe. I mean, he went over a cliff in the trunk of his car and just barely survived. And that was after getting bashed in the head with a tire iron. All this prompted his amnesia and drove the rest of the plot of the book of course. Another great one for this kind of thing would be "Dead of Night"- though in this case, Joe is pretty bad off psychologically- he comes very close to going over the edge mentally.
   I've always thought "Rough Riding" was pretty bad- the villian ties the boys up with piano strings that cut into them and then sends them over a cliff in a car, if I remember correctly. I'm sure there's others I'm not thinking of right now, but those are a few examples offhand.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Dead of Night has the Assassins doing quite a bit of psychological warfare on Joe by having him see Vanessa Bender and Laura Hardy get murdered, and Iola Morton coming back from the dead.  Then the Assassins also go after Frank by having him see Callie Shaw get murdered.

Then Disaster For Hire has Fenton Hardy getting put on the FBI's Top Ten list for murder---and it is upto Frank and Joe to find him.

The Lazarus Plot has the Hardy's getting cloned and sentenced to death by the Assassins and another criminal organization.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Good examples! I was reading Cave Trap and Frank almost dies! Luckily he gets rescued by a tour guide but almost drowns.

I need to start keeping track of these things. I read too many and get them confused. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Bigfootman

Dead In The Water had a scene where the Hardys and another guy had to go underwater and blow up the door to a sub. The catch? The bomb would blow up when they ran out of air. This scene lasted for several chapters, and Frank, Joe, and the other character barely escaped. Then they had yet another close call.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardygirl847

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on December 30, 2009, 12:21:15 PM
Dead In The Water had a scene where the Hardys and another guy had to go underwater and blow up the door to a sub. The catch? The bomb would blow up when they ran out of air. This scene lasted for several chapters, and Frank, Joe, and the other character barely escaped. Then they had yet another close call.

Ooh...another one I will have to read ASAP!

hardygirl847

I found a website that has an "owie" list. lol It features a few Casefiles and all of the stuff that happens to Frank and Joe. Poor guys...

CAUTION: TEXT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

http://thehardyboyscasefiles.webs.com/owiefilesspoilers.htm

MAIN SITE LINK: http://thehardyboyscasefiles.webs.com/

Mrs. Nick Jonas

Thanks for the link! I thought that it was awesome!  :D
"I don't pray because it changes God, I pray because it changes me". ~ C.S. Lewis