What Hardy Boys books should be made into game?

Started by SDLagent, May 01, 2009, 04:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

There's a topic for Nancy Drew games, so it only seemed right we have one for the Hardys.

I'd like to see ''The House on the Cliff'' and ''What Happened at Midnight'' made into a game. ''The Deadliest Dare'' would also be good.

Olivia

Good idea.

I'd have to think about it. It's one thing to like a book, but it's another to make it into a good game in some cases.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

That would be cool, but I don't think it would really work. Not with the current style of the series.

tomswift2002

I think one Hardy Boys books that would be a great game, if it was not adapted into an Undercover Brothers story, would Operation: Phoenix.  Just imagine walking into the arms vault under Stolkholm?

But some others would have to be The Alien Factor, The Pentagon Spy, Hollywood Horror, Thick as Thieves, Dead On Target, Dead of Night, Mystery On Makatunk Island, Revenge of the Desert Phantom, Sky Sabotage/The Skyfire Puzzle, The Vanishing Thieves and Running On Empty.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Quote from: SDLagent on May 01, 2009, 04:55:43 PM
''What Happened at Midnight''
Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 02, 2009, 07:10:17 PM
I think one Hardy Boys books that would be a great game, if it was not adapted into an Undercover Brothers story, would Operation: Phoenix.  Just imagine walking into the arms vault under Stolkholm?
Ditto.
What about GN's 7, 10 & 15

SDLagent

That would be cool. Noirs would be cool. HB #2 and #10 are still my favorite picks, though.

Bigfootman

None, they will throw ATAC into any game they make. If they are not going to add ATAC, hten one of the ones involing ghosts. (screams in horror as ATAC ruins another classic Hardy Boys book) Otherwise it will be too scary.)

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

Why can't they mix fighting with ND style investagateing?

prashant

MacGyver

Unfortunately, I think realistically, the UnderCover Brothers books would be the ones tapped on for game possibilities- and of course, the original 58 books. I'm not sure if any of the various spin-off series for The Hardy Boys books would make it into games. (But that's not to say that I wouldn't love to see many of these come to fruition.) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on February 18, 2010, 06:00:29 PM
Unfortunately, I think realistically, the UnderCover Brothers books would be the ones tapped on for game possibilities- and of course, the original 58 books. I'm not sure if any of the various spin-off series for The Hardy Boys books would make it into games. (But that's not to say that I wouldn't love to see many of these come to fruition.) ;D

Well, realistically, with The Hidden Theft Dreamcatcher did tap into the Undercover Brothers by shoving ATAC into The Tower Treasure from the Original series.  And the Undercover Brothers are a spin-off series.

But I don't see why non of the spin-off series wouldn't be tapped since the Nancy Drew computer series has continued to tap into the spin-off series including the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 series, but there again ATAC was shoved into the game, but then quickly forgotten.

Also The Perfect Crime uses the likenesses of Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk (from the 1950's Walt Disney serials) for Frank and Joe Hardy instead of using the character models from the Nancy Drew games or The Hidden Theft.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Several obscure Nancy Drew books have been made into games (The Broken Anchor, The Phantom Of Venice), so maybe it will be the same with the Hardy Boys.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 18, 2010, 06:37:14 PM
Also The Perfect Crime uses the likenesses of Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk (from the 1950's Walt Disney serials) for Frank and Joe Hardy instead of using the character models from the Nancy Drew games or The Hidden Theft.

I didn't know this. Interesting.

MacGyver

I had heard about Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk's likenesses used for The Hidden Theft and that's awesome! :) It's nice to see that they are considering the vastness of The Hardy Boys history. So maybe some of the Casefiles and Digests and Supermysteries and originals, etc. would be used.
Didn't know about the Nancy Drew games using the premise of one of the Supermysteries- which one is that? That's really cool to know- also about The Broken Anchor and The Phantom of Venice being made into games.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"