The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

The show Only Murders in the Building, which I highly recommend, has the Hardy Boys as a major plot point. Selena Gomez's character used to play Hardy Boys with another character in the show when they were kids, and there are repeated shots of the books. In fact, the books themselves hide some secrets.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

MacGyver

Nice! I will have to check that out when I can.  :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

NZone

In the latest episode, the characters travel to Bayport where there is a shop on Shore Road. A plot point revolves around someone with the initials GM, and if this relates to Gus Montrose. One of the writers is clearly a fan.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

I was listening to Disc 1 of The Essential 1980s collection from Sony (2010) that featured the Bangles "Walk Like An Egyptian" and I though I heard the Bangles sing "The Hardy Boys call the Kremlin".  I looked up the lyric, but it's actually "The party boys call the Kremlin". 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

LOL! I have made that same mistake in adventures with misheard lyrics! That is the origin of my quote on my profile. (Love that Bangles song, by the way.) :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

On the fourth episode of The Brady Bunch Hour, Greg Brady mentions The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew when he is in his new apartment and Vincent Price is warning him that it's haunted. Greg says, "It's not The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew here." This seems like it might be a reference to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, since the show alternated with it, airing every fifth week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlgO1G9tFE

Bigfootman

The series finalle of the Nancy Drew show managed to slip in a Hardy Boys refrence:
https://www.cbr.com/nancy-drew-series-finale-hardy-boys-fan-theory/

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

On the "Terminal Case" episode of Tucker's Witch, there is a mention of The Hardy Boys. Rick comments to Amanda about how being on a stake out at a high school makes him feel like one of The Hardy Boys. He then says that would make his wife Nancy Drew!
Great in-joke here! Tim Matheson plays the role of Rick Tucker on this show and of course he also played one of The Hardy Boys in the 1967 pilot The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk, in which he portrayed Joe Hardy! :-)

MacGyver

There is another Stratemeyer series shout out on the "Psych-Out" episode of Tucker's Witch. Their police officer contact greets Rick and Amanda by saying, "If it isn't Tom Swift and his Electric Witch".

MysteryFan89

Quote from: MacGyver on September 22, 2023, 12:25:15 AMThere is another Stratemeyer series about out on the "Psych-Out" episode of Tucker's Witch. Their police officer contact greets Rick and Amanda by saying, "If it isn't Tom Swift and his Electric Witch".

There's also a Rick in the Tom series as well.

MacGyver

Quote from: MysteryFan89 on September 22, 2023, 12:41:16 PMThere's also a Rick in the Tom series as well.
Yep- you're right. Thanks for reminding me of that.

NZone

Stargate:Atlantis season 3 episode 9 "Phantoms" has the following exchange:

Ronon Dex: A Wraith bunker, but no Wraith.
Teyla Emmagan: It appears to have been abandoned for some time.
Lt. Colonel John Sheppard: The Genii probably stumbled on to it just like we did.
Dr. Carson Beckett: And then promptly killed each other. Why?
Dr. Rodney McKay: Another Hardy Boys mystery.