April 2011 Book Club Discussion: Breakdown in Axeblade

Started by tomswift2002, April 10, 2011, 03:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I thought it was a great pick! It was an "accidental" mystery too...The boys DO have a life outside of being detectives. Although trouble does seem to find them. :)

Either way I thought this digest had a whole lot of humor. Do we know who was the ghostwriter for this one? I am interested to see if the same person wrote other ones with just as much quips, jokes, and witty remarks.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 19, 2011, 02:46:33 AM
I thought it was a great pick! It was an "accidental" mystery too...The boys DO have a life outside of being detectives. Although trouble does seem to find them. :)

Which is something that they apparently don't have in the UB's.  All their "mysteries" are assigned.

But as too the author of Breakdown In Axeblade, that information is currently unknown.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

They are apart of ATAC in the UBs so yeah they are assigned. UBs are not my fave though...

Darn...Does anyone know of another digest that has the same "feel" or style of writing as this one? Maybe we can at least speculate as to which books are similarly written...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, I'm hoping perhaps you'll feel that way about Sabotage at Sports City, but I guess we'll see. I will try to post a thread for it soon- I'm still trying to finish rereading the book.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 19, 2011, 09:46:13 PM
They are apart of ATAC in the UBs so yeah they are assigned. UBs are not my fave though...

Yeah, but that didn't seem to bother Lobdell as he gave us two or three graphic novels that had the boys solving mysteries that they just happened to "accidentally" walk into.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca