Hardy Men

Started by FrankJoeATAC, August 24, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Hardy Men will be a good movie?

Yes
3 (9.4%)
No
17 (53.1%)
Not Sure
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

SDLagent

Other then The Hardy Boys, the movie I'd most want to see is Phillip Marlow. Not that I'd mind Scarlett Johansson as Miss Marple...

MacGyver

QuoteNot that I'd mind Scarlett Johansson as Miss Marple...
Talk about a reboot. lol ;D (That'd be jumping the character back just a few years there, I would think. ;))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Actually, I think it's kind of a stupid idea but I wouldn't complain. Being old is a big part of what makes the character unique, though, so it doesn't really make sense. If you want to see her as a detective, Nancy Drew would work better.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on March 31, 2010, 03:55:11 PM
His reboot suggestion sounds sort of like the Casefiles, actually.

Now that I reread that I can understand why you think so. However, the people who wrote this article could have taken that into account and realized that there was a series that already explored some of those ideas. I don't think it covers all of them, like MacGvyer said. I guess when I read that I pictured what TODAY'S writers and producers would make that look, sound, and be like. Basing it on what they would do (or what I think they would do) given that description....it scared me to think of it. 10 years ago it might have looked more like the Casefiles does but in 2010...I'm not so sure. I don't want to see an emo Frank or a cracked out Joe or something like that. OR a musical or some kind of vampire twist. lol

Frank and Joe are classics and timeless...I don't want them to be ruined by a fad or one of today's trends that will last for a short time and then be "so five years ago". :D

OK I realize that a fad and a trend are well...rather quite similar. Oh well! :P
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Lola

The following link was sent to me in an email. A nice article about the orginial show. There is also a mention about the Hardy Men movie and all I have to say is.......THANK YOU MS. ANNE LOCKHART!!!!! ;D

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/468349/the_hardy_boysnancy_drew_mysteries.html

Olivia

Quote from: Lola on April 23, 2010, 10:47:10 AM
The following link was sent to me in an email. A nice article about the orginial show. There is also a mention about the Hardy Men movie and all I have to say is.......THANK YOU MS. ANNE LOCKHART!!!!! ;D

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/468349/the_hardy_boysnancy_drew_mysteries.html

Nice. I'll definitely check it out :)

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 15, 2010, 07:07:53 PM
I like both David Henrie and Joe Jonas but to me they both seem like Franks. It would have be one of them and someone else as Joe.

For those of you who do not know them...here's a looksie. :) David is up first.

When asked how he'd prepare for a role in Spider-Man should the opportunity present itself he [David] said, "Well I have been involved in martial arts for my whole life and I am very acrobatic, active, and athletic so I would continue to do a lot more of what I have been doing with mixed martial arts." (JUST LIKE A DARK HAIRED HARDY!) :)

He definitely has the acting ability! I think he's one of the few from Disney who could hold their own beyond that channel. I mean, there's actors who are just good enough in certain roles, and then there are others who truly have talent for bigger things.

So, yes, I really think he could embody Frank Hardy.

(This is someone who is 100% against The Hardy Men, and has really high standards for casting ;)).

hardygirl847

I'm really loving Chris Zylka as Joe. I don't know how good he would be with David Henrie (who I do like too) but....here's a pic. This is not the best pic but everytime I watch 10 Things I Hate About You, the tv series, I am looking at him as Joe Hardy! And he's YUMMY too. :)

Ok here's an article I found....Won't this movie just die??????????????? UGH!

I don't exactly understand this article because it barely makes sense. See it here.. http://blog.80millionmoviesfree.com/trailer/the-hardy-men-2012-men-grown-up

This next article is about Tom Cruise's project line up....it's a little old but scroll to the bottom for the mention of Hardy Men. http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/27/what-movie-will-tom-cruise-do-next/

Youtube video about upcoming movies and/or talks of new movies. Hardy Men is mentioned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8IMnHPN66Y (very brief and nothing new)

Let's hope that Tom and Ben are SOOOO busy, they never get around to making this film!

I leave you with this....

found with an article-ish here http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/04/18/Tom-Cruise-South-parkweb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/04/&usg=__0w7PTwPjaKRa6LZdslDBL9HLr9s=&h=347&w=450&sz=27&hl=en&start=9&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=qSqQZI2TR8PyHM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthe%2Bhardy%2Bmen%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

According to this article at IMDB.com, it looks like Simon Kinberg is the next screenwriter to try rewriting the script. And it seems The Hardy Men is possibly set for 2012. We'll see.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963174/news#ni2096078
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

and here's how much stock people put in the movie- ;)
http://www.hsx.com/security/view/HARDY

MacGyver

I was thinking again about this proposed idea and I have an idea on casting. If Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise are really set on being Frank and Joe Hardy in this movie as grown men, (and if they do it right, I'd really be okay with it and even looking forward to it to some degree. Sure, I'd like to see an actual movie for The Hardy Boys as we know them in the original/Casefiles continuity, but since it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon, I wouldn't mind seeing The Hardy Men in the meantime- if it's done with the right amount of respect to The Hardy Boys books and kept clean.)  But it would be awesome if they could get Tommy Kirk and Tim Considine to have cameos in the movie in some capacity- a retired Chief Ezra Collig and Detective Oscar Smuff perhaps? I don't know- but it'd be nice to have them involved somehow. My other thought was that I might like "The Hardy Men" concept even better if they actually got the TV stars to reunite and make such a movie! (Though I would have to say that Colin Grey and Paul Popwich just wouldn't be as well known or remembered to be doing it. Though I wouldn't mind seeing them involved either.) But it might be funny to see Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy back as Frank and Joe Hardy! They should at least get a cameo somehow.  But I think it could work even better if Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise were there as a competitor set of brother detectives to Parker and Shaun's older Frank and Joe. That way you could still have Ben and Tom doing their thing of being the goofy grown men who have to deal with differences and come back together to solve a mystery- and have them competing against The Hardy Boys (now men.) That would to me be pretty funny and make more sense- because then The Hardy Boys' reputation would still be intact and they would be the ones that would, bemusingly, step forward and help Ben and Tom come together and instill in them the ways of the Jedi... I mean- real detective skills.
That could make for a funny action/adventure movie. :D

tomswift2002

But one thing standing in the way to that would be copyrights.  Considering that The Hardy Men is being done by Fox, then they would have to clear the copyrights surrounding the use of the universe of the 1977 The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries which was produced and is still owned by Universal Studios.  (Simon & Schuster owns the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew trademark, however, Universal still owns the original film negatives and audio tapes from the series, just like Sony owns the 1943 and 1949 Batman serials even though DC Comics/Time Warner now own the Batman copyright/trademark.)

So if it was Universal making this movie then I wouldn't say that that was a far-fethed idea, but considering that The Hardy Men is being produced by Fox, its not very likely.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on May 04, 2010, 11:32:25 PM
and here's how much stock people put in the movie- ;)
http://www.hsx.com/security/view/HARDY

Um I don't get why there would even be stock in a nonexistent movie???

Also, I agree that cameos are definitely needed here. I realize that it might not be possible but it would be nice. A lot of past characters come back to a show as a cameo. It was please the actual fans, I'm sure. However, if they are trying to "reinvent" the Hardys by making them older....they might skip on that. Or it won't happen because of the copyright issue tomswift was pointing out.

Either way, I am still not excited about this movie concept. Cute teenage boys as true Hardys (probably more Casefile-ish) would make the most sense, create a new fanbase, and please the current fans more. IMO.....

rouge7617

I agree with FrankJoeATAC. I think it would be better by a lot if they used teenage Frank and Joe instead of adults! >:(

SDLagent

Quote from: rouge7617 on June 08, 2010, 12:47:55 PM
I agree with FrankJoeATAC. I think it would be better by a lot if they used teenage Frank and Joe instead of adults! >:(

You don't just agree with FrankJoeATAC. You agree with about 50% of the forum.

hardygirl847