Hardy Men

Started by FrankJoeATAC, August 24, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Hardy Men will be a good movie?

Yes
3 (9.4%)
No
17 (53.1%)
Not Sure
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

003Robin457

tomswift2002

I think the Hardy Men will be a great movie when its released.  It will be really interesting to see the Hardy Boys as adults and see how advancing the continuity of the Hardy Boys past their 20's would look and feel. 

Now then I do realize that there is the possibilty that Fox could hire the wrong writers or actors or crew, but considering how well Fox handled the X-Men movies I think Fox is a good studio for Simon & Schuster to be dealing with in terms of getting a Hardy Boys movie made.  Plus with it being delayed I hope that that means that the story is constantly being rewritten and upgraded to the point where it will have a really good plot that will be reminiscent of the original Hardy Boys books (and not the UB's).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

I wouldn't mind a Hardy Men movie if there was already a Hardy BOYS movie...I just don't think would be a good way to introduce people to the Hardy World.

Also, for the record, I don't think the hardy's vocie actors would make good Hardy boys in a live-action movie.

FrankJoeATAC

I thought Cody Linley would be a pretty good Joe.

And I also don't think it's a good way for people to first see the Hardys like that, it should've started with Hardy BOYS not MEN.

JoeHardyRocks

I think Cody would make a great Joe!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

I think Cody might be decent as a UBs Joe. I really underestimated his acting ability, but then again, I don't know how he would do in a variety of scenes (i.e. action as opposed to goofing off).

When we're talking about actors for parts, are we thinking about the HBs in general, or a specific series? I think we should be clear on that.

Obviously with my posts I'm more into general HBs, although a few might be considered UBs.

Bigfootman

BONES, CHANGE YOUR NAME BACK NOW!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

JoeHardyRocks

Change your name or BFMan will do this in all the topics and drive everyone crazy!!!!!!
"Thank you, Joe."

Bigfootman

THIS NOT JUST A THREAT ME AND JHR WILL KEEP POSTING TILL BONES CHANGES HIS NAME!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

JoeHardyRocks

CHANGE YOUR NAME! CHANGE YOUR NAME!
"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

In another thread we started to discuss the idea of adapting the book/story of Dead on Target into a movie.

As tomswift2002 mentioned, about 25% of the book would take place in England so it would be costly.

IMO, even if the U.K. is one of the most expensive places to shoot (it really is) that the authenticity of footage would be worth it. At least the outside shots - not just the landscape, but having the actors on the streets, etc. - should be filmed in England. If everything was efficiently organized, it could be done in a matter of days. Things don't exactly go as planned, of course, but if everyone and everything was prepared it could be accomplished.

However, technology is fantastic these days so using CGI and building sets could be decent enough. But I'm sure that outside shots in the actual location would be more desirable. And of course, everything else could be done in a studio or other places.

One slight reservation I have about Dead on Target is that although it would be a great movie, I'm not sure how it would work as a stand-alone. The book is pretty much the "start" of something so perhaps a trilogy would work (or at least a two-parter). Maybe even a very, very minor Iola subplot - it could be anything from Joe dealing with it and his new-found motivation, or even something like they aren't sure that she blew up and an underlying plot that finally resolves itself.

Or if it turns out to be a stand-alone movie, they should add or do something at the conclusion and/or add an epilogue that is satisfying.

Bottom line - they should definitely invest in something like this instead of The Hardy Men ::)

I just don't understand why they won't put something together because the books are popular. Perhaps they think adapting it television is better or something and since they've already been down that road, they're just leaving the door closed (besides The Hardy Men).

SDLagent

I think ''Dead on Target'', would also make a good pilot episode for a television episode as well.

While we're on the topic, what about an Operation Phoenix film trilogy?

Olivia

I like both of those ideas. But shamefully, I still haven't read the OP trilogy.

SDLagent

You really should try to get a hold of the three books. It took me awhile, but it was well worth it.

So just curious, what do you know about the story of OP?

Olivia

Well, this could be totally wrong or maybe I'm spoiling something so just to be safe (spoilers ahead):

-Something about Fenton's death?
-Something about Frank and Joe really going the extra mile and having very strong motivation where they (for lack of a better term as it's sort of exaggerated) take no prisoners?
-Something about Africa?

So obviously not much. I actually haven't even read the plot overviews at all. I think I just caught some stuff here on the forum but I stay away (or try to stay away) from spoilers. I'm just taking people's word that it is some of the best HBs books (and I believe it).

I guess I'm thinking like a filmmaker again, but if that first point I said in the yellow font happens in the trilogy, then we'd have to make sure that that character is set up so the audience gets to know and care about them in the movie. Otherwise, the impact won't be as great. I don't know when that happens in the story, but I hope it isn't too early on or there isn't any proper build.