Hardy Men

Started by FrankJoeATAC, August 24, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Hardy Men will be a good movie?

Yes
3 (9.4%)
No
17 (53.1%)
Not Sure
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Olivia

Well...was it you who voted? Or are you defending an anonymous source.

SDLagent

My number one problem with this movie is the first feature film ever to be based on The Hardy Boys should NOT be a spoof. Maybe if there was already a movie but I repeat, I do not like the idea of having the first Hardy movie ever be a spoof.

tomswift2002

Where did everyone get the idea that the movie was going to be a spoof?  I realize that it is set about 2 decades after the books, but other than that, I don't see a possibility of a spoof as any more likely than it is going to be a movie that is based on the books, and has a good story line.

Look at the 1995 Hardy Boys TV series.  Frank was 22 and Joe was 20 in the series.  Nobody called that series a spoof, even though we've never seen Frank or Joe in their 20's in the books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Q

Where's the NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! option?

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 26, 2008, 08:23:54 AM
Where did everyone get the idea that the movie was going to be a spoof?  I realize that it is set about 2 decades after the books, but other than that, I don't see a possibility of a spoof as any more likely than it is going to be a movie that is based on the books, and has a good story line.

Look at the 1995 Hardy Boys TV series.  Frank was 22 and Joe was 20 in the series.  Nobody called that series a spoof, even though we've never seen Frank or Joe in their 20's in the books.

Ah, Ben Stiller, Tom Cruise, and Victoria Beckham? That doesn't sound like faithful adaptation to me.

Olivia

The first time I heard and read about the movie it said it was going to be a parody, and I saw that in more than one place. I know it could be outdated or unreliable, but I remember it was actual articles.

Things might've been changed or maybe it was rumours. Still, I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be a comedy at least, and that just doesn't ring right with me.

NZone

Quote from: SDLagent on August 26, 2008, 05:01:41 PM
Ah, Ben Stiller, Tom Cruise, and Victoria Beckham? That doesn't sound like faithful adaptation to me.

So who would you have play them?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Go to HDA, and check out there "Who would you cast in a Hardy Men/Boys movie?'' thread, it's pretty good.

NZone

I dont want to have to create an account, can you just summarize?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 26, 2008, 08:23:54 AM

Come on, obviously they weren't going to put a comedic twist on it because it was a series (sure, there was humour but that's different). Can you imagine a series where all they would do is make fun of the Hardys every single time? Yes, anything is possible, but that's just ridiculous.

And Frank and Joe were still young in the '95 series, not middle-aged. They also still got along, still solved mysteries together, and so on. It has a more feasible concept than The Hardy Men and respected the series more too.

Of course, this is just an opinion.

JoeHardyRocks

#74 This is the first HB movie and they will turn it into a joke. >:(
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Wow, JHR, you're always angry every time you list a reason ;)

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on August 26, 2008, 07:38:11 PM
Go to HDA, and check out there "Who would you cast in a Hardy Men/Boys movie?'' thread, it's pretty good.

Yeah, I was just on HDA, and I saw this guy named SpencerDL...huh, what's everybody think of him? I'm glad he's not on this forum! ;) ;) ;) (joking ;D)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

For those who haven't seen the trailer, and not to spoil it:

I knew it couldn't be a trailer, maybe some news footage or something else that would make fun of the movie. But good one, Tom ;)