The movie that just won't die.......

Started by Lola, May 16, 2008, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoika86

how would they lose money by closing the series just by having a final book, or stopping it in the middle alltogether with out a conclusion of some sort, and never returning to the series again?

pixieron

ok...so i too think this "movie" is a bad idea..but if there were any movies on the hardy boys when they were younger..but i cant picture which actors are suitable to play them..unfortunately...
Welcome to the 6 o' clock news. I'm Thor, but not complaining. I'd like to give you the weather for the next 50 years. Sun in L.A.,rain in Seattle.

SDLagent

There's lots of young actors out there, it wouldn't be any harder then to find an actor for another famous character. And anyone would be better then Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller as the Hardy boys!

Alex Pettyfer might work for Joe (other then that he's from the UK)...

pixieron

aha...interesting...because whenever i read the books,i can never picture their faces...maybe i'm not imaginative enough..
Welcome to the 6 o' clock news. I'm Thor, but not complaining. I'd like to give you the weather for the next 50 years. Sun in L.A.,rain in Seattle.

Olivia

I'll always see Alex Pettyfer as Alex Rider though. Too bad he can't resume the rest of the movies (if there's going to be any).

Bigfootman

Nancy Drew the move was quite good. It wasn't just dumb humor, like the Hardy Men move will be.  :P

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

You?re talking about the one with Emma Roberts from 2007, right? It wasn?t as bad as I thought it would be. I heard that they might do a sequel.

But I still don?t get why they take a 1930?s Nancy Drew and place her in the modern day. I read somewhere that they did that on purpose & I just find that weird. Nancy Drew always keeps up with the times ? that?s why the series has lasted.

Anyways, I still can?t get over how mad I will be if they go ahead with The Hardy Men ? it?s just wrong on so many levels. Especially when they can take those millions and do something really worthwhile. All the investment they would put in something like this ridiculous. What a waste! I hope it flops big-time!

FrankJoeATAC

You don't have to hope it does. It will.

SDLagent

Alas. The future is hidden to us all, little one.

FrankJoeATAC

Please forgive me, O Wise one for attempting to predict that that has not yet come to pass.

003Robin457

Even if Hardy men is not that good there could still be positive side effects:
-Renewed interst in the HB books makeing more fans and more "Forumers."
-Possible nolivilazation or Movie based Graphic Novel addind to HB book count.
-Hay mabey a HM viedogame if where luckey

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: 003Robin457 on May 03, 2009, 06:17:28 PM

Hay is for horses, not people. And "If we're lucky?"  Why would we want a stupid video game?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

Mabey mabey not, sometimes fun games have dumb stories. See Battle Tanx.

JoeHardyRocks

Sorry, I don't bother with games that have mispelled titles. :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on May 03, 2009, 01:28:37 PM
Please forgive me, O Wise one for attempting to predict that that has not yet come to pass.

Lol.

Quote from: 003Robin457 on May 03, 2009, 06:17:28 PM

Or more people turned off the HBs because of how dumb the movie is. I think it could shed a negative light and do more harm than any good.

Who would want to read a book with more details about the movie and have a video game featuring losers?

I know you?re trying to look on the bright side - but sadly, there is none.

And the movie just won?t die! Who will end this madness?!?!