The movie that just won't die.......

Started by Lola, May 16, 2008, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

if a movie hasnt been started within two years of it being announced, studios usually dont think there is enough pressure to make it, this movie is most likely dead in the water
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

Surprisingly enough, Fox keeps announcing more info on the movie yearly, so its not quite 'dead in the water'.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

devoika86

dead in the water sounds like the title of an HB book of some sort. is it?

SDLagent

devoika86

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 02, 2008, 07:52:04 PM
Yes it is Casefile 127.

i thought it sounded familiar. i havent read that book in like 10 yrs or more

SkyWarp

#127 is actually a pretty good book.  Especially considering its nowhere near the beginning of the series.  Definitely not a special one to end a series, but a good book all the same. 

devoika86

dead in the water is the last casefiles book?

Bigfootman

The Nancy Drew movie was quite good...

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: devoika86 on July 03, 2008, 02:18:33 PM
dead in the water is the last casefiles book?

Yep, 127 is the last Casefiles book.  There were three more planned, but they were cancelled, but one, #130 The Crisscross Crime was reedited to fit into the Digest continuity as #150 The Crisscross Crime.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

devoika86

thats lame. ya, i vaguely remember that casefiles was left unfinished. i member reading the last book and being like, "ok, now what?" cuz it was obvious there shoulda been another book after that 1. it was a disappointing end to a fantastic series >:(

tomswift2002

Well, if you look at it from another view, the April 1998 book, Process of Elimination was the last book in the Hardy Boys Casefiles/Nancy Drew Files universe, and not Dead In The Water.

mystery chick 901

Process of Elimination didn't really have an ending for the casefiles though, or am I remembering wrong? :-\

devoika86

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 16, 2008, 05:27:25 AM
Well, if you look at it from another view, the April 1998 book, Process of Elimination was the last book in the Hardy Boys Casefiles/Nancy Drew Files universe, and not Dead In The Water.

i had no idea, cuz ive never read any of the HB/ND mergers cuz i was never really a ND fan, so i never put in the effort to find them. but now i have to read this book! but is it really an ending to casefiles? or a cliffhanger ending with unfinished business like dead in the water

SDLagent

I've never read either books, but I'm sure neither of them rap-up the series. That's the way it is with long series that are like The Hardy Boys - #127 wasn't the planned last book of the Casefiles, and #36 wasn't the planned last book of the SuperMysteries, they just are the last books, simply because the series was discontinued. And even #128, #1929, or #1930 wouldn't have closed out the Casefiles and SM #39 wouldn't have closed out that series, because with these kind of series the publishers don't have a planned number of books, they just ride them as long as they can, until they run out of gas... 

NZone

While it may be more artistic, and pleasing to the fans to simply close out a series with money still in the tank, its not gonna happen. Money is a universal language.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.