Longest HB Book

Started by NZone, June 02, 2009, 05:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

I was wondering what the longest HB book is, and by this I don't mean pages. I mean what one takes place over the longest period of time? I was reading Blood Relations, and it takes place over more than a month and a half. Are any longer than that?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

That could be the longest, NZone. I know the longest book is The Detective Handbook, but that's not your question...the longest story could be the Operation: Phoenix Trilogy, but that's three books. So like I said NZone, Blood Relations could very well be the Hardy Boys' longest case.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

003Robin457

Pg # wise its probally an origoanl ND crossover, but time wise probally Huricane Joe it had to span mounths because huricanes are not that frequent.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on June 03, 2009, 09:14:04 AM
Pg # wise its probally an origoanl ND crossover, but time wise probally Huricane Joe it had to span mounths because huricanes are not that frequent.

Page wise it would have to be one of the original texts from the 1920's-1950's, since most books from that time period were over 210 pages long.

But as for how much time it takes the Hardy's to solve a case, I would have to say that that would have to go to Ring Of Evil/Dead Of Night, since the trilogy takes place during the summer (I think it Ring Of Evil takes place over 2 months, possible 2 and a half, starting in June/July) and then the Hardy's are told that the trial for the Assassins head guy for the Ring Of Evil case will start during the first week of November, while DON takes place from around 9 a.m. October 31, till 6 a.m. November 1. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

As I said above, I'm pretty sure the original text of The Hardy Boys' Detective Handbook is the longest, page wise, with 248 pages.

SDLagent

On another forum, someone mentioned that revised version of The Twisted Claw takes place over 31 days.