Reading with the Hardy Boys!

Started by "You!", October 10, 2006, 10:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think it's okay for writers to lower the reading level for children in order for them to read Hardy Boy Books.

I don't wanna vote in the poll.
1 (4.2%)
No, dumbing down books doesn't help the kids.
17 (70.8%)
Does it really matter, I just like to read them.
5 (20.8%)
I wanna vote in a poll!
1 (4.2%)
I don't wanna vote in the poll.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

"You!"

Have fun with this poll! ;)

Everyone's opinions count!
CAB :)

Lola

I voted not to dumb down! I think kids now adays are pretty smart and can tell when someone is um....oh darn what's the word I want to use! LOL! When you talk down to them! I've never spoke "baby talk" to any of my nieces or nephews and if the storyline is good, they will like it!

novemberrose

I voted for don't dumb 'em down.  I can't see how that could ever help anyone.  The Clues Bros. were for younger readers and at an easier level and that makes sense.  The Undercover Bros should maintain some bit of challenge to them.  Kids are smarter than most people give them credit for and they can learn a lot just by reading the right book.

Sarious

ChetMorton

Yo, I voted, I wanna vote! ...........Why is there an "I wanna vote" option?
Whatever.
Actually I did'nt understand the poll question, sooooo I think they should dumb them down..........I'M JOKING OK!
I love the Hardy boy's casefiles just the way they were! I just wish someone would start writing them again. "sigh"

Long live the Hardy's!

whitetigers

I voted for not dumbing down. Kids are smarter nowdays than they were back then.
Whitetigers

Rottweiler7692

D.Hardy

i have read these books for yrs. like from 5,6 grade up. I have learned alot from them. ALOT! (except spelling lol i suck at that) If they had been "dumbed down" i wouldnt have learned as much. so i went with that :)
"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

tomswift2002

I found that the Digests really started to get dumbed down when #86 Mystery of the Silver Star was released.  As for the UB series, the whole series is dumbed down to the level of a 3rd grade reader.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

I voted not to dumb them down. How are children suppose to become intellegent adults if they are being purposely dumbed down. ???
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Olivia

I agree with most...I don't think dumbing down is good :-\

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!