black van-what is the first book to mention it?

Started by disappearing floor, June 28, 2011, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Revenge of the Desert Phantom first mentions and describes how Frank and Joe get a used blue police van. (#84 in The Hardy Boys Digests). Dead on Target (#1 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles) first mentions and describes how Frank and Joe get a used black police van. There are two different stories within the continuity (and two very different reasons for why Frank and Joe need a new car), but those would be the two to consult. (And it makes sense that #84 in The Hardy Boys Digests would mention it, as this title is considered a prototype for the Casefiles.) It's interesting that this is one aspect that both the Digests and Casefiles maintained in common, from #84 through the end of the series (#190 Motocross Madness).
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

And the Hardys eventually get another van after their original black van is blown-up (seeing a pattern here?) in True Thriller.

MacGyver

Thanks for that extra tidbit, SDLAgent- I'd forgotten about that. But it's been a while since I read True Thriller - that was a pretty good one- I think it may have been one of the last to feature The Asassins too.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I believe the last book to feature the Assassins was #108 Blown Away.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Oh yeah- that's right, they were in there too. Of course, I think the Assassins appeared in some of the Supermysteries as well.