nancy/frank

Started by Kerin, June 30, 2007, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

Quote from: SDLagent on July 11, 2007, 01:53:40 AM
Actually they don?t get marred they just pretend there marred, as you can see here:
http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/index.php?nav=network&sub=sm&book=025

They get marred? With what a brand?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

Quote from: negative_zone on August 21, 2008, 06:02:39 PM
They get marred? With what a brand?

They get "married" in Secrets of the Nile, so Frank and Nancy go off as Mr. and Mrs. Frank Hardy, while Joe and Bess go off as Mr. and Mrs. Joe Hardy.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

This made me LOL.

Nancy passed out from the smoke of a fire that had her trapped in a room.

Quote"What happened?" Joe was crying.
"The room's full of fumes." Frank's voice was tight with worry. "Somebody jam that air-conditioning vent!"
Frank and Joe, she thought, her anxiety subsiding. They came through again...
A solid male hand closed around her. Sighing thankfully, she murmured, "Frank--"
Then her eyes fluttered open, and Nancy looked into the stricken face of Ned Nickerson!

Come on, though! She heard Frank and Joe's voices, so what do you expect? ::)

SDLagent

That's pretty good! LOL What book is it from?

mystery chick 901

Olivia

mystery chick! You jumped the gun! :D

It's from Dangerous Games.

mystery chick 901

Whoops! :-[
It's been a long time since I read that one! ;)
Sorry :)

Olivia

JoeHardyRocks

Out of curiosity, which ND HB crossover would you reccomend reading? Because we bought Secrets of the Nile, A Question of Guilt, Operation Titanic, and Islands of Intrigue. Are those good ones to read if you've never read any before? ???
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Haven't you already asked about these?

Olivia

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on August 24, 2008, 11:57:27 PM
Out of curiosity, which ND HB crossover would you reccomend reading? Because we bought Secrets of the Nile, A Question of Guilt, Operation Titanic, and Islands of Intrigue. Are those good ones to read if you've never read any before? ???

I think this would be better suited in the "Old ND HB crossovers" and "What Have You Read? What's Your Favourites" threads :)

Overall, I haven't read that many, and also it depends if you are looking for more Nancy/Frank interaction or other things. Secrets of the Nile is always hailed as one of if not the best (as it's been said on this board). Operation: Titanic you can see in it's own thread. I don't know anything about the other two!

tomswift2002

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on August 24, 2008, 11:57:27 PM

Question of Guilt puts the Hardy's at odds with Nancy,  while Islands of Intrigue has the detectives in Greece working for the Network.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardy boys fan

nancy and frank should have been a couple
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardy boys fan on November 23, 2008, 06:20:20 PM
nancy and frank should have been a couple

Well, if you want to read a book where Frank and Nancy do kiss, check out The Last Resort from 1989.

You should also remember that the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 series was written for Junior High-High School audiences (Grade 7 and up).  So scenes like Frank and Nancy kissing were thrown in, and, especially in the SuperMystery'88 series, the sexual tension between Frank and Nancy and Joe and Bess was raised to a higher level than it had been in the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Be A Detective and Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Sleuths! series, and the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Campfire Stories book.  It was even higher than what was shown on the 1977 TV series.